So those that do not know, I was promoted at my day job about two weeks ago, and here's the interesting thing of note: There was no pay increase for the position and title increase. However, a lot of people are wondering why I would take the step if I'm not to be compensated for it, and it's simple enough; I already DO the job, so I may as well accept a role increase and the end to justify the means.
Anyway, that's not what this post is going to be about, as it is actually because I've been doing some reading about the business, and a firm competitor, Best Buy, and how after a month of their CEO resigning, they still have yet to name a new one, and the business for them looks pretty bleak. Apparently a sexual scandal and using corporate assets to allow it to continue were just the tip of the iceberg.
So, I've read a lot that people don't like my company's trade policies (I will not name them by name, but those who know me, already know WHERE I work), but it's because they don't understand BUSINESS and how that obviously works.
When you trade in your old car, do you get BLUE BOOK value for it? Of Course not, because that's what the dealer is hoping to get for it. You'll get about 30% of what your car is worth MAXIMUM, and then the car will be sold for that value. Our trade values are very similar, yet people complain that we sell them close to the new game pricing...OF COURSE WE DO...it's supply versus demand, not a consignment shop. We sell for what we know we can, and we buy to earn a profit. Sounds simple enough.
If you don't like it, don't bitch and moan about it, do one of two things...
1) don't trade in, and waste your own time and resources trying to do it yourself
or
2) Buy stock in the company, so that YOU earn based on when WE earn...that's smart business strategy.
I thought I was going to have wittier things to discuss, here, but I'm kinda spent.
No comments:
Post a Comment