Sunday, May 22, 2005

LANDIS v.1 Update

Well, this morning, much to my surprise, I received an email from Chris Crosby on the status of Landis volume 1. Though some of the news was upsetting, a lot of it was good, as in, the book will finally see light of day...only at first, online, and then in a director's cut of the story in print form (meaning with commentary, extra pages of art, maybe even a whole new story, and test art). All in all, I take this very well, and hopefully without him getting TOO mad, here is some of what Chris Crosby had to say.

"Rob:

With regards to the LANDIS book, the release date is (surprise, surprise) up in the air because of a couple annoyingly minor issues, but I can tell you that we do still plan to publish it, and it'll be exactly how you'd like it to be. Whatever extras you want to add is A-OK, you and Owen can go nuts. We're also open to publishing it in the standard comic TPB format (full size) instead of "manga-sized." We should probably wait until we have a definite final cover before submitting it to the online sales sites.

On the LANDIS webcomic (which we believe will be key to the book's success), I've probably done this before (*sigh*), but I believe I CAN now give you a definite launch date: Monday, June 6th. We'll start it off on a Mon-Wed-Fri schedule, which means the #0 issue will run from June 6 to July 20, followed by #1 and #2 and etc. You'll get an appearance in the Keenspot Newsbox on launch date and it'll hopefully get exposed to even more people than the FCBD issue did. (SORE THUMBS had over 23,000 unique visitors on our first day, mostly from the Newsbox appearance, and has since had over 30,000 unique visitors in one day.) We'd like to use the domain name "elisalandis.com" for it. Sound OK?"

See, now all BAD news. Hopefully we can move forward with the launch date of June 6th, and actually get this bad boy off the ground...or bad girl? Good girl? ehh, forget it. Stay tuned, I'll keep you all updated.

1 comment:

Potsy said...

Not all bad news.