Friday, November 09, 2007

11/9/07 - Dane "What a Silly Bitch" Cook...














11/9/07 - Dane "That silly Bitch" Cook...Merry F’in Christmas...





So I took the wife to see Dane Cook for her christmas present. Yeah, I know what you are thinking..."Rob, Christmas isn't for another 50 something days..." And Dane gave the information about it, that makes me remember why I hate that fucking time so goddman much...his' recounting of walking into a Brookstone and not seeing a line, but a pile of people that roll off one by one to the register, holding their bags up like decapitated zombies and then crossing people off their list because you just don't want to wait for them...remembering that they yelled at you in the fifth grade, just to justify you not getting them shit besides a bonzai tree...personally, Dane, I'd go after that magic wrap thing in the mall that they grab your dying carcass out of thin air and make you see how this is, "the greatest shammy ever created..."





He talked about how he'd rather just sit and play Call of Duty than go shopping at Christmas, and then made some pretty funny statements...





My wife has already told of her experience last night, which was the only present I've ever gotten her that I know she truly wanted...man candy. Here's where her post is...http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=77053571&blogID=326897587&Mytoken=A8C2444E-6172-4E97-AEC2B672B77F265B14356256




She talks about our drive, our waiting in line, but she didn't tell about the coolest things that happened during this whole experience...First...this line that we were standing in was wrapping around a city blog, and we were standing in it. I then ask a cop if it was the right line for will call and he says you have to go inside to the ticket desk for will call. I go inside and the guy at the door tells me to get my wife and tell her to come on in, because no one is at that door...yoink! Zang Za Damn...we're in, in front of about 2000 people! (Not to mention, we literally parked less than a block away...)





So after that, Christy and I are walking around...we go in, we find our seats, and I ask if she wants anything, because we're at least 45 minutes early...we go for a walk and we see desks of employees giving out what look to be tickets. I'm thinking its where the Charlotte Bobcats are getting their next sell out from, but it turns out that they are giving upgraded tickets out. I don't want to say I was cheap on the tickets, but Christy has been out of her bar job for a week, now, and that is where a lot of our income comes from, so I bought the cheapest tickets I could get, because I didn't want us going into the hole...so we went from about twelfth row from the top...to twelfth row! Wow.





Only thing I could have lived without last night, was the dumb bitch sitting right behind us and trying to "talk" directly to Dane with her, "Ha ha, I knew that one Dane" at LOUDER than the man himself with the entire sound system behind his voice...but hey, to go from $30 tickets to $100 tickets FOR FREE, I'll take it and do what I can to forget about her.....




No comments: