Well, I've been trying to find time to work, and then on top of that, Write THIEF, a treatment for a possible BIG future project and all that, but today I wanted to play around with coloring in Photoshop a little. You may remember this piece from when I went to Heroes Con in June, but I wanted to see it in color. I have to say that if the comic of Landis ever became a cartoon, I'd try to get Cully Hamner to work with Owen on the character designs because this piece just screams "ANIMATE ME!" Anyway, I added a little haze shadow, but nothing crazy (except under the jawline for some reason). I think it looks pretty cool, especially for a novice like myself. Oh, and as soon as I feel a little more confident in the treatment piece I'm working on, I'll let everyone know what it is, because just to be asked to supply the publisher with this treatment is a dream come true.
Trying to put in a paragraph break, not sure if it'll work.
Also, kudos go out to Dynamic Forces (Dynamite Entertainment) for grabbing the rights to Highlander. I'd LOVE the opportunity to write that property as everyone knows that Landis pulls a lot of ideas from it, though now I feel Landis is more of a Highlander meets X-Men type, where the characters gain their powers based on becoming immortal. It was a nice little addition that I felt made logical sense.

No comments:
Post a Comment