Monday, October 01, 2007

10/1/07 - Lying in the Gutters...

So I read and submit to a rumor mill for comics entitled LYING WITH THE GUTTERS by Rich Johnston for cbr.cc (comic book resources) and this past week, I sent Rich an email, and then he posted something on his site...here's the email, and what he posted:

EMAIL: (Titled: New TITANS Comic?)


from

Rob Potchak
Sep 27 (4 days ago)
to

richj@comicbookresources.com

date
Sep 27, 2007 8:08 PM

subject
NEW Titans comic?

mailed-by
gmail.com

"So rumors are now circulating that DC is going to launch a new TITANScomic with the team of Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Flash,Red Arrow and a few others...now I haven't heard any teams named forart, but Judd Winick's name is all over the project.Hopefully they'll at least get Perez on covers."
rob potchak

LYING IN THE GUTTERS SPOT:

TITANIC DAYS (Posted 10/1/07)
"So rumors are now circulating that DC Comics is going to launch a new "Titans" comic with the team of Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Flash, Red Arrow and more. Now I haven't heard any people named for art, but Judd Winick's name is all over the project.
Odds are they'll get George Perez on covers. "

Now, Rich, normally you give people credit for their rumors that sound like they are pretty accurate, but this time, my friend, you seem to have forgotten to credit me, and damn near purgered my statement. Other than my forgetting a space and changing the last sentence, everything else was word for word with better punctuation, which is pretty surprising, because I had to have been drinking to not do spell check.

Anyway, I think I'm going to link Rich to this, because I want to make sure he knows that I know he did this, but he's a swell enough guy, and again, has credited me in the past for my rumors.

In other rumored news, I would assume that Rags Morales or Mike McKone ARE the artist on said series, but that's my speculative mind here, since those two guys haven't been announced for any projects yet, though Matthew Clark is another one I wouldn't be surprised with.

No comments: