So I've decided that 2011 will be a return year for me. A lot of people would agree that my art has taken huge strides this year (rpotchak.deviantart.com), but being the Renaissance Man that I am, I'm ready to jump on some writing projects too. With that said, I'll give some insight about what I'm in discussions to work on...
1) HOME GAME: This is going to be a written and drawn comic strip from me about a weekly poker game and the banter that ensues between the players. This will play on everything from current events, movies, video games, comic books, tv shows, etc. I've already contacted a well known online comic publisher for distribution on this, and depending on where you are reading this blog, that may tip you off...
2) I've discussed a Re-Imagining of a series I wrote a long time ago that actually DID see print. We'd be looking at this as a digital graphic novel on sites like Wowio, Comixology, etc.
3) DEAD EAST: This is an old western idea that plays off my love of those movies. Add in some teenage angst and my love of Road to Perdition, and you have an idea of this project I'm fleshing out.
4) I also really like the idea of a Zombie/Undead Monster vs. the Old West, ala Undead Nightmare. I'm really trying to flesh this out, because I think I'll be able to utilize some REAL characters and change up history enough to really screw this all up. I'm getting psyched up with this story idea because I really have some awesome feelings about this and ideas that are just going crazy...no name on it, yet, but the ones I've thought of are pretty good takes on where I'd want to take this.
5) I'll still be adding more artwork, but this year, I want to do more writing, but every project I do I think I'll get to draw variant covers for, because I really want my art getting out there, too...
There is always the chance that one of my old projects could get restarted, as well, but right now I'm interested in where my imagination takes me with new stuff...
Happy New Year everyone...stay tuned for more info!
-Potsy
No comments:
Post a Comment