So last night, while texting with Katherine, she told me that we had entered the friend zone. That dreaded place where you can never get out of it, and you can never be more...but it wasn't true to me, and she said it was my actions that placed her in my friend zone. She stated that every time she put herself out there, I would shoot it down, and this was not the case.
I'm a pretty sensitive guy, for being the egotistical asshole I am, but when I like someone, I normally try to move at an old-fashioned pace to make sure things are more right...unfortunately, I'm in a digital age, so that isn't always an accepted brand anymore.
So, with both of us receiving what we felt were mixed signals, she fold me I needed to figure out what I wanted, because she thought I was either wanting too much, or not enough, and my overactive mental state when it comes to things like this (ie, why I write a blog about what I'm thinking) had me all sorts of confused.
She told me that she always cared and she was always the one that ended up hurt. I think this is because lines and boundaries were not drawn, or explained.
"you dont want to be only friends, you dont want a relationship so what does that mean... u dont want me to date other people you dont care if i do date other people... you want to what? you dont want to what? you cant put me in limbo land like that"
She told me to think about it and then kinda stopped chatting with me. I felt she was telling me she wanted me to really ponder what I wanted from her/us, and what's really awkward, is she didn't say what she wanted, only that I shouldn't go to her until I knew what I wanted....
Then, about 830pm, she text me a frown face and when I asked why, she wrote "because I hadn't heard from you all day" and so,etching else. So I wrote this (paraphrasing here):
I really like you. But I don't think it would be fair to jump into a full blown relationship with you because we haven't even gone on a real date. So I'd like to take you out, feel it out and see if it is something we both want to pursue.
I then told her that at this point, I'd like to hear how she feels and by asking it, I would do whatever I could to not upset her or hurt her if she was just honest with me about it.
Her answers after that got kinda shortened and she even stated, 'someone else just asked if I wanted to do something, so let me figure it out and I'll get back to you...an hour and a half later she tells me she got into a conversation on with her roommate, and then told me she didn't want to come over.
Its frustrating because I gave her the truth, as ND I got nothing in return...I wish she were a bit more straightforward sometimes, because it would be easier to not get frustrated....
Oh well, its time for bed...
No comments:
Post a Comment