Ladies and Gentlemen! The moment we've been waiting for...for a long...long time. ElisaLandis.com is up and has the first page of art online and ready for viewing pleasure! I'm extremely excited, as this is something I've been wanting for a while and now, it's finally up. I actually like the color of the project on the screen rather than newsprint, as its a lot more vibrant.
Yes, you will get a distinct Highlander feel, but couple that with the humor elements, the sci-fi elements, the horror, the superheroics and such, and this project is so much more than a simple clone. Hopefully you'll all enjoy it.
As a nice side note for this, Brandon Peterson and Cully Hamner actually did Landis head sketches for me at the Heroes Convention this past weekend, which is a total geek out moment for me.
Also, Ethan Van Sciver and I finally met face to face, and again, I totally geeked out on him, as he had never seen the Landis cover actually printed before. Super nice guy, and he said that if he weren't under an exclusive contract from DC right now, he'd definitely consider doing another Landis piece, which was cool.
Overall, I talked with John (Astonishing X-Men) Cassaday for about 2 hours, just listening to what he had to say about all the projects, colorists and what he'd want to do if he wasn't on X-Men. The guys from Jolly Roger studios were also extremely cool, and I shot the shit with them for a good long while Saturday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment