So let me start by saying the ECW PPV F'n rocked. I loved it, it was great and it was almost surreal how it went over.
On the comic front, I know the elisalandis.com site hasn't launched, and I'm still waiting to see how that goes over. In the meantime, I've completed four strips for DIRECT MARKET, already and will continue to write and draw them. I think its coming along well, and due to my speed with drawing them, I could probably get a good amount of time into it, and a good amount of the strips done before it launches. I personally am thinking to try to get at least thirty strips done before even attempting to launch it, because that would be most fair and keep me ahead. It's hard to transition from the type of writing I'm used to, into this, but I'm still attempting to do so.
The difficulty comes in trying to deliver a standard amount of panels, while still trying to give a punchline, something I am definitely not used to. Of course, with a comic book, you are trying to give a payoff every 22 pages, not every four panels. So you've got to dumb it down while you smarten it up, and then shrink it to an eighth of what you really want. Uggh. It's cool though, because the payoff when you actually get that one strip to just come off right, you feel vindicated.
I'll be tackling more of the script of THIEF in the next week or so. Eric has already told me that if I thought #0 was good that #1 is going to blow me away. I can't wait.
I'm going to upload some art from #0 soon, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment