Today was a thirteen hour day at "the day job," but it felt like an eternity. This merger and acquisition stuff sucks ass. It's too time consuming and there's too much bs floating around.
I figured because I don't get on here nearly as much as I do when I'm in a good mood, I'll give an update on the stuff that's going on.
LANDIS:
The release date seems to have been pushed back, which is fine, since I haven't heard what type of involvement they want from me on this. I want it to be the best it can, and though I'm still a little unsure about how it will be perceived by online comic strip readers, I still think it will do well enough to where it finally comes out in the format that I was and still am expecting, print.
THIEF:
You've seen at least one of the swipe pieces I've drawn, and I sent it to Eric to hear what he thought of it, but I liked it and felt it really blasted out into the eye of the public. I'll probably really tear into the script for #3 this week if I find a hole in my schedule large enough to jump in.
UNTITLED STUFF:
Crosby asked me recently to submit a proposal for an established online comic strip that would be work for hire. He never gave me any other info on it, but said that it was a good gig, so I told him to give me what he had on it, and I'll send in a submission if I feel like its something I can get behind.
CONVENTION SEASON:
It's that time of year again. The great thing about it this year is that I'll probably go to Charlotte for one day for Heroes Con, and miss the others, but at least I'll have some material out there that I can give everyone the website. Two years ago, I gave a lot of pros my comic LANDIS, so hopefully I can see what's up with everyone and how things are running. I'd love to buy some original art this year, but only if it's available at a reasonable price.
Speaking of art...BROKENFRONTIER.COM has an auction with the benefits going to Unicef, with some really great pieces. Check it out.
Rob
No comments:
Post a Comment