Tuesday, June 19, 2007

6/19/07: Man how long has it been?

So I sit here, on my day off and I'm watching STAR WARS: EPISODE 3 in HD because I have nothing else to do, and I think to myself..."I haven't blogged in a while." And then if hits me. Yesterday, I received a great gift from JK, three original art pieces of THE ARDY VANSTARR ADVENTURES. These are beautiful pieces, and two have been seen already (as I've colored both and made t-shirts of both). The third piece, however, is completely new to me, and I'll hope to have a copy scanned soon.

I'm really excited about where the series is going, and I've written probably the first 10 or so pages of the next run, where we get introduced to Ardy's new secretary, who'll probably make appearances on the next run of TAVA advertisements, since it'll probably help hits.

Last night, the wife and I went to see Mr. Brooks, since I had heard good things about it. It was decent, and I liked looking at Costner as a man with schizophrenia, as well as constantly talking to himself through another character that only he could see named Marshall. The kicker of the film was Dane Cook and his appearance as a character that was lovably creepy, in that, he was a sick twisted watcher, and yet, Costner was trying to "teach him to kill" so that later, Cook may take his life. Interesting plot, though I was underwhelmed by Demi Moore in the role she played as a police detective.

So I ordered a new phone from Verizon. The Motorola KRZR. I'll probably receive it tomorrow, since I ordered it from them since they wouldn't let me buy it from Best Buy. From what I have read about it, it seems to be one of the better tested models of phone, and it includes all the features of my current phone. I've decided I may try the ESPN MVP service that Verizon now offers, if it is available for that phone model.

I need to letter a couple more pages of TAVA, and JK should be getting ahead in where we are in the development of it, so hopefully that is the case...

And on a final note of the day...April, I haven't forgotten the prize owed to you, but I'm afraid I lost the address and I'll attempt to send it by Thursday.

No comments: