At the same vendor show at the conference, none other than Todd McFarlane was there. (apparently, blogger is not letting me upload the picture, which I'll now have to do later, heh).
For those who don't know, I met Todd 14 years ago at a Philadelphia Comic Convention that he was at. At my convention here, I brought it up. "Todd, y'know, the last time I saw you was at Philly in 1993...?" And he looked over and smiled. "Y'know, that was the show I debated Peter David." And I agreed and said that I still felt he won the debate, just making light conversation. I then asked him about his current convention status. "This is only your second convention this year, right?" And he replied, "Yeah, y'know, ever since I became a dad, its a lot harder for me to want to leave home, so I like doing these quieter gatherings..." I then got my Convenant HALO 3 Xbox360 controller autographed by him and took the picture (though its again, not in great quality).
Overall, a decent guy. He chat with everyone, and literally stayed until we all got our stuff signed. I shook his hand and made a simple comment about how the comic industry still misses him and mentioned ARDY (on my shirt).
I missed getting to meet Randy Orton (saw him, though, seemed a little standoff-ish, but on good behavior). I had a customer I was going to try to get an autograph from him for, but he only signed for 2 hours, which in no way was long enough.
And the one disappointment in my meetings, was Clive Barker. I just went up, shook his hand, and then let him get back to signing.
I'll try to post that pic of me and Todd tomorrow, as well as a few others that are good.
No comments:
Post a Comment