Alright, I haven't been on here for a real update in a while and that's because the wife and I have had some issues with things going on around here...no, nothing with US, but just around the house, car, work, stuff...Its really been bogging into a lot of the free time we've had, which sucks, because since my vacation I have not touched my movie treatment for THIEF, which everyone who has read it has said that they would pay to see this movie, which is a plus.
Okay so let's start with what I am allowed to talk about at home. My car insurance company, Nationwide, knows that I have a DWI on my account. They also know when our bill is supposed to be due...however, they don't seem to realize that MY WIFE is not MY DAD'S wife when it comes to paying your bill. My mom pays her insurance monthly, I pay mine quarterly because it allows us time to save enough to pay the hefty fee for having a DWI and a speeding ticket (the former is mine, the latter is the wife's). Well, they told me our account went delinquent, and we hadn't paid, and now it was too late to reinstate that account...the reason? They said we hadn't paid. (Sorry if this jumps around, but you should get the gist.) So anyway, I'm looking through the old bank statements and finding nothing to go against their claim...so I have to start a new policy, get looked at as a HIGH RISK and they tell me our insurance will be about $5000 a year ($1200+ a quarter), and that we owe it to them to restart the policy. They also tell us the DMV will be sending a notice and we'll owe them $50 per vehicle for that, too...so this week, the wife and I shelled out $1300...YIKES...that's what a rainy day savings is for...it was fucking pouring. We get it paid and get it cleared...now here's where the fun happens.
My mom contacts Nationwide and asks why she hasn't received a bill in two months (again, she pays monthly). They tell her its because her account has a $750 credit on the account... Mom taps her forefinger on her cheek and asks, "Do you think this could be the payment that my son and his wife swear got paid but you folks told them it didn't?" They look it up, and guess what? It was a money order from my wife to Nationwide in the sum of $750...what we just so happened to owe on June 26th...Mom, being the sport she is, said she would pay what would have mader her account delinquent and asked that the credit be used to reinstate my old account because we never should have had the lapse in coverage...now, where the confusion came in...
With my wife taking $750 in cash to the bank to get a money order because we didn't have any checks at the time, we never had it show up in our bank account, which means we had NO RECORD of us paying it...so I had Diane, our Nationwide rep copy the money order for me, since they had it on record all along, and we now have record of it. Folks, this is the ONLY reason I can think of to NOT have a namesake...
Okay, so other happenings...
As stated, the movie treatment is where it was a month ago, but I'll probably finish it within the month so that I can get Keenspot's people looking at it. I have a tentative agreement with them to shop it around, since they have taken care of me in the past. I believe in giving back as well as taking in relationships, professional and personal, so with Chris Crosby and myself knowing this property could move well, I have given my word it would most likely stay there.
That's the same reason I'm not currently looking for other employment. I like what I do, they've been pretty good to me, and I would rather deal with the shark pool I know than the shark ocean I don't.
I will be revisiting all the current projects I have on the plate, since I'd really like to get DEAD SONJA off the ground for the sequel, and I NEED to get my ass back on TAGGER and THIEF the comic...however, with the re-write that has become the treatment, I'm not sure where Eric would like to go with it...I don't want to scrap what's possibly the best art of his career, so we may just run that the way it is, and then have the other ready for a movie adaptation :).
Although I haven't talked with JK in a while, I'm hoping everything is okay with him and his wife and their families. I know he started a new job not too long ago, and I hope that isn't killing his creativity, since I want to finish the first TAVA arc to get started on the second one, which YES, I am in the middle of writing. The catch on TAVA was not all on the art end, either folks, let me say that now. TAVA is a project that with two different minds visually seeing the pages, there were constant rewrites to make JK's pages flow with my text. The biggest problem for me is that I couldn't get the lettering to look right in the small size that looked good on the big size. As an artist myself, it was difficult to look at, and I know JK wasn't pleased with it, either.
Next week is my company (GAMESTOP)'s big Manager's Conference, and this year is in a much better locale than last's, which was in Dallas...this year, it's in VEGAS baby! So not only do I get to see about all the new games, systems, merchandise coming out not only in this final quarter of the year, but I also get to check out stuff that is top secret coming in the industry...what is it? Can't tell you, even if I DID know, hehe...Nah, I'll come back with lots of info on upcoming stuff and it makes me excited as shit for Christmas, since this is when most of the stuff I'll get to see and play will get dropped this year. Unfortunately, no cameras or video footage will be allowed out, and I can be fired for taking any...So not only do I get to see that, get to go to Vegas for the first time, see the sights, eat the food and walk the strip, I get to gamble!
Only real downside to my trip is that the company scheduled it on the week of my second wedding anniversary, and I am very upset about that, since there's NO WAY to bring my wife, since they force roommates on us for it.
Hopefully I'll make another update before the trip, and anybody who wants to give me shit for Notre Dame getting destroyed on Saturday, remember...Michigan lost to a Division 1-AA school, and they are the ONLY program in HISTORY with more wins than Notre Dame...so bite me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment