Sunday, April 02, 2006

Post 263: WRESTLEMANIA 22 Predictions!

WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs. Triple H

Well, I'm going to bold my predictions. I've been thinking about this match and how the outcome will actually CREATE the main event. a person gave me an idea about that, and I'd say that this match will lead into a finale that no one would expect. However, for the sake of argument, HHH walks away with the title, in a decent match...but read the bottom for the finale.

World Heavyweight Championship
Kurt Angle (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio

Angle's been a decent champ, and as much as I think Vince WANTS to put the title back on Orton to start a god Batista/Orton fued, I figure this match will go to Rey Rey one of two ways...Angle will have Orton near the ropes and Rey will do the 619 to angle and pin him, OR one of two possible Batista appearances...just as Orton is about to win, with the ref knocked out, I expect to see Batista rundown, Batistabomb Orton, and roll Rey on top for the 1-2-3 and a point to Eddie.

No Holds Barred Match
Vince McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels

Anybody who thinks this match will end with a Bret Hart spot is laughable. Not gonna happen, but expect to see the McMahon's rundown to help, and I'd say that I'd LOVE to see Steve Austin cmoe down to help HBK out, but expect Shawn to win after seriously gushing.

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Shelton Benjamin vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Ric Flair vs. Finlay vs. Matt Hardy vs. Lashley

Toughest match of the night to call, IMO. I go with Flair, since they've been giving him more mic time then anyone else in this. Although RVD is the most over, I think Lashley will take a bump, Shannon Moore will knock Hardy out of the match, Finlay will just disappear, and when Benjamin is on the ladder, Flair will crotch him, thus knocking him out and taking the box for himself...more on this at the end.

Casket Match
Undertaker vs. Mark Henry

Possible Batista spot, #2. I say Batista comes out from inside the casket and causes Henry to lose. Does this mean TWO Batista spots? As great as that would be...no. If Batista shows up in this match, he'll be kept out of the title picture until Summerslam.

Hardcore Match
Edge vs. Mick Foley

Foley is 1-3 since returning parttime...a tag match with the Rock, LOSS. One on One with Randy Orton...LOSS (GREAT MATCH, though) and Carlito at Taboo Tuesday...WIN. Foley is used asthe guy that takes a beating to really put over the growing heel. Due to this, as much of a Foley mark as I am...Foley loses after a tremendous amount of punishment. I'd say at LEAST 4 chair shots and thumbtacks a must. I'd say that Foley will even get to use some barb wired items...

United States Championship
Chris Benoit (c) vs. JBL

Two years ago, this would have main evented a PPV...now, look how far down the card it is...BOO...A decent match to be had, and the LOSER will move on to face the third one in the Main Event...in other words, Expect JBL to win (he;s been losing a lot recently) and Benoit to go on to matches with Angle...THAT's what I want to see.

World Tag Team Championship
Kane & Big Show (c) vs. Chris Masters & Carlito

With all the bickering and fighting beating Carlito and Masters, who DOESN'T want these guys to win? Could be one of the worst matches of the night, or a surprisingly good one.

Women's Championship
Trish Stratus (c) vs. Mickie James

How far the women's dvision has fallen. Mickie wins, totally HEELING out.

Playboy Pillow Fight
Torrie Wilson vs. Candice Michelle

Filler match. No one ever actually wins these matches, so expect it to air after the MITB match, to slow the pace.

Boogeyman vs. Booker T & Sharmell

Boogeyman continues his roll...but will it be at the 4 minute mark like the last one (JBL)?


This brings me to the surprise of the night. I think either Hogan or Austin will continue their jabber from the Hall of Fame celebration, which would be fun. But the real MAIN EVENT will be Ric Flair taking his Money in the Bank match and winning the world title for the 17th time. This is the only real way this maks sense. Heck, I'd even like to see Cena KEEP his title, and then Flair go against him, and win...this would allow...the CENA HEEL TURN. Cena loses, and snaps...starts with a chair to Flair, taking him out. The eyes bright, the nose flairing, and Cena standing over him, looking at the crowd and saying, "You had yuor chance...you can't see me anymore." Classic WM ending. Also allows him to Heel out against the strong Flair FACE.

No comments: