Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Post 268: Probably going to be a long post.

Hey all,

Been a while since I've been in contact about anything and everything. Springtime is a real bitch to me. Every year at this time, my wife and I go through issues that stem basically from the same thing most relationship problems stem...the fact that one person sees the single life their single friends lead, and it makes them wonder if they've done the right thing by getting married. This is the main thing that's been going on in my life right now, and I've not been talking about it here because as much as I like the folks that read my blog AND my comics, its really personal.

Today, however, I feel a bit different. I feel low, but not depressed like I have the past two weeks. Today my lowness comes from an anger at how selfish one person who is typically selfless is. I know my wife, Christy, won't read this. I can even send her a link, and that'd probably be the only way she'd ever consider reading it. She's wrapped up in school, work, and trying to have a personal life, and she's forgetting a lot of what we have, but again, this is something that happens year after year...and hopefully she'll remember her selfLESSness rather than her selfishness before things get worse.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not fully NOT to blame. I took her for granted. Did the things I wanted to, and allowed her the same freedom. But the difference is when I was told that, I have made strides and efforts to show her how much I appreciate and truly love her.

I'd love for people to comment on this about when they have had problems in relationships, and what time of year they occur. I know most people don't post here, and that kinda sucks, since I know we get about 50 genuine hits reading the blog daily.

Its a real tough time for me, because she's fighting flighty feelings, and she's still doing the things that I have problems with, but we're working on it...at least I keep being told that.

This has prevented me from doing ANYTHING creative in the past two weeks, after I had two REALLY good scripts in the can for Tagger. I haven't even turned on my X-Box 360 since the whole debacle. So all my releases haven't been what I've gone and turned to, because they just don't fill the void enough right now.

Thanks for listening, and feel free to comment. I'd like to see what everyone out there is going through...just do me a favor, don't pity me...I don't need it, since again, I'm more mad about the selfishness than anything else.

2 comments:

Potsy said...

That's just it, I know the woman I married *IS* worth it, but the lying and deceiving one that has been around recently is too caught up in herself to be REAL anymore.

What you said DOES help, it gives another perspective, and I am going to continue to try with my wife, but what's the point in trying if she doesn't try back? One can not make the relationship work...it takes both. (Now that was cliche, hehe).

Thanks again!

Potsy said...

You guys have been great with your comments, and not sounding like you are coming down on me.

I know what needs to be done, and honestly, one of the things that I thought worked out real well with my wife and myself was that we could go havefun on our own, or with each other.

Its just recently, I've found myself trying to involve her with some of the real life situations and decision making, but its not really being reciprocated due to the selfishness.

She says she'll work on it and try to get to a medium ground again.

Again, most people end up having their problems during the spring from what I've seen, because when the weather gets nice, they go bonkers. I'm not sure if that's the technical term or not, but its interesting to see all my friends having a hard time recently and seeing how many bad things are going on...

The one thing no one mentioned is that it souns like an odd coincidence...but again, thanks a bunch for the replies.