Saturday, April 08, 2006

Post 266: Update with me and more.

Well, as bad as things have been this past week, they aren't as bad as they have ever been. In fact, I think they are looking...okay.

But it has made me realize that I've been putting on hold a lot of things that I may want to do in my life that may help my home life, or at least make me see that I accomplished something that I've always wanted to do, and that is preparing a Stand Up Comedy routine.

I'm not looking to write a 30 minute show or anything like that, but just something for open mic night, since I live about 30 minutes away from one of the most famous comedy clubs in the country, Charlie Goodnights, and I know that they've got an open mic night.

My wife tells me I should try something smaller, and you know, I'll probably test all the material out prior, anyway...but I think what I'm coming up with is some really good shit. Not exactly all audiences, but definitely funny stuff.

Of course, just because it makes me laugh, doesn't mean it'll make everyone laugh. But in harder times, if you can't laugh, what else have you got?

No comments: