Monday, September 11, 2006

9/12/06: TAVA PROMO PIECE, and other rants...



This is a piece of THE ARDY VANSTARR ADVENTURES of both ARDY and TORCH, (Ardy of which is TM and (C) Rob Potchak, and Torch which is TM and (C) JK Radtke). I really like it, and JK wants to point out that it was colored solely in Sharpie Markers... I like it, its raw feel and its final feel that I can never seem to show in my art.
See, I told everyone that this project IS coming...and it will, but not until JK and I feel its ready to roll.

I've been getting an itch to draw again, but I'm not sure what I want to draw. I broke my digital camera the other day, which was upsetting, since I was going to take photos of real life things and try to convert them into a comic page for fun.

September 10th, I celebrated my one year wedding anniversary. I gave Christy sheet music of our song (though she'll probably get it tomorrow of the next day), which is Train's DROPS OF JUPITER. Why sheet music? Because the first anniversary is the PAPER anniversary.

If you don't know how much better of a theatre experience you get in your home with a home theatre system for sound, you are missing out. I scare the shit out of the dogs by playing STAR WARS and TERMINATOR 2, now...they just don't know where its all coming from...its awesome. Just the experience of buying it could have been left without. The manager at Bestbuy did not want to sell me what I wanted and even said, "I'm not going to help you..." because the item I wanted was on sale...funny how that works? No wonder, my buddy Fubar, who has worked for Best Buy for five years just quit because of their assininess...heh, I think I made up a word.

So I have a favorite new online casino game, and its called 3 card poker. Its a game where a lot of money can be won or lost...I think I actually like it more than Texas Hold'm...

I met Cam Ward today...he won the Con Smythe award for Most Valuable Player throughout the playoffs in hockey. He apparently is a regular in my store, so it was funny talking to him about playing AS him in the NHL 2007 demo...I probably sounded like such a geek...though talking about what he did with the Stanley cup is funny, especially since one of his teammates did a Keg Crawl with it...hehe.

My store got secret shopped at get this...3pm on a Saturday afternoon, IN A MALL THAT IS HIGH TRAFFIC...did we pass? Hell no...why? Because it was Saturday... 3pm... WITH TWENTY TWO (by the shopper's account), TWENTY FREAKING TWO customers in the store...WHO THE HELL WOULD PASS A SECRET SHOP with 22 people in their store? That's an 11/1 ratio of Customers to Employees...man that burns me up...there is no way to go through every ounce of everything with a customer who wants to buy a 2.13 item (THAT'S ALL THEY PURCHASED), when you have probably 11 of the twenty two people WAITING IN LINE...go shop at a strip center on Saturday and come in when we are nice and quiet during the week...shit.

No comments: