Thursday, September 21, 2006

9/21/06: Cupcakes and Brownies...is it my birthday?!

Hey all...my wife cooked brownies AND cupcakes for me...how fudging cool is that? We're doing a little better, but she isn't feeling well...too bad.

AP Furtado has turned in his whole 16 pages of DEAD SONJA already and he makes me so happy to beg for him to do it in the first place. I can't wait to see what Owen does with his pages...its almost upsetting that I haven't spoken with Owen in what seems like years, since he is such a great talent. I guess he's afraid I'll bug him until he works with me, again, too, hehe. It's okay, I don't really do that anymore, but I'm happy to see that he's working on some serious projects that he cares about and puts 100% into all of them.

I've been lettering the pages for TAVA, and I'm up to page 8 right now. Its going faster than expected. I can typically do five or six pages in one sitting before I tire in boredom with it, though I have to admit that being able to do it yourself is 100% easier and CHEAPER than hiring someone else...not to mention although I know JK has lettered in the past, I wanted to take a more active role, so that he only really has to worry about the artwork side of it. I ask his opinion where some of the larger caption balloons need to go, because I don't want to cover up all of his backgrounds...of course in panels without backgrounds, I have the leisure of placing them wherever I like, :).

I'll give an update on TAGGER soon, as I want to get in touch with Eric and see how its coming along. No rush on that story, as he's attempting to put in at least AS much effort with the pages, if not more than the original Landis. And then, after four or so issues of that, we'll jump back into THIEF, which I am still struggling with an end for...

hm...so that's pretty much what's going on here...

No comments: