
Above is my favorite page (so far) of Dead Sonja. Its page three, and though I should have blurted out the lettering, I think it doesn't give enough away to really upset anyone, but if F. Blatant III tells me to remove it, I guess I'll have to.
Also, in another interesting and great piece of news, Owen Gieni will be drawing the second 16 page Dead Sonja story, which is awesome, because it is the first time him and I have worked together since LANDIS. And we don't really get to keep in touch anymore, unfortunately, with him being involved with Sorethumbsonline.com and all, but when I found that tidbit out, I jumped for joy in total elation.
I'm real excited about this project now, so I'm actually wondering what BLATANT book I should send in next. I've heard a spoof on HALO, a spoof on WWE, or a Transformers spoof. I'm thinking Highlander, Army of Darkness, but I'm definitely keen on writing out any of those others, too...what's everyone think?
I'll be posting a promo piece for TAVA (The Ardy Vanstarr Adventures) soon. Its from JK RAdtke and he's putting extra time back into the already completed pages because he wants it to be perfect. I don't blame him, so I'm giving him all the time he'd like to get it rolling and we'll launch it when its ready, which has probably disappointed a lot of people, but we want to give you 100% everytime we upload pages, and since JK is back to 100% into the project, we are moving along.
Some real life BS stuff now...
With the day job, everything is going from bad to really freakin bad, right before our yearly conference in Dallas, my assistant manager decides he wants to quit. But get this, he puts in two weeks notice and then says, "But I want to use my sick time that I've built up, or I'll just call out sick..." To which I'll take it as job abandonment instead of "using sick time" since he's saying he's going to dick the company. This means MORE work for me, harder hours, and having to hire someone. Its actually good, since he didn't want to grow up and change like the company does, so I needed to find someone else anyway, they just wanted me to wait until after the conference...its too bad, too, because he's a decent guy, but if he does this, it shows what kind of real person he is...
No comments:
Post a Comment