Tuesday, September 19, 2006

9/19/06: Been a while, time for an update.

So today, I started lettering THE ARDY VANSTARR ADVENTURES. The nice thing about the writer also being the letterer means that I can spruce up the story where it sounds as though I may have tried to come off as a better writer than I truly am... and EVERY writer does this. Using different verbiage, or connotations or what not, but with me, I like to re-read it and go..."hmm...this sounds better than that" and then just follow with the rest of the written word to make sure it looks and sounds good. JK and I are both extremely excited about this again, and trying to move ahead to get ready for the launch...you guys are going to love about 5 weeks into the story, when Dread Mutt makes his appearance.

Dread is a character that JK and I created probably about 3-5 years ago (I know its a big window, but I keep losing track of years), and he was to be an intergalactic bounty hunter. Then, when we started TAVA, I sat there while writing, and while instant messaging with JK, I said, "Why don't we put Dread Mutt into the first story?" And he loved the idea. The way I look at him as a character is if you mix Lobo with his dog...that's when you get Dread...though he looks more like a Boxer (the kind of dog).

So the wife and I are fighting again because I told her she isn't allowing enough time for us to spend together. She has this great habit of saying she'll be home by a certain time, and then not being there...and it only seems to happen when it is "our night together." I don't think there is anyone else, and I know that she's always had a rough time with being timely, but some things NEED to be important enough to allow for you to spend it with them...and recently, I just don't feel like I'm important enough to her. My home life is what makes me work so hard in my day job, and even with the comics I write and produce. I NEED to go at it 100%, because for any of these things to actually put money in my pocket and our bank account, I need to do it how I do...but at the same time, its because my home life and lifestyle are SO important to me that I need to feel important at home, as well.

We treat people how we want to be treated, and for me, its respect me because I show you respect. I don't show up late, I do what I say I will, and I accomplish what needs to be done...and that's mainly all I ask for...and yet, it seems so hard for some people to give that...

So with all of that, I'm going to leave and try to letter some more pages.

No comments: