Well, anyone still reading and looking for an update on the personal life end of things has to wait, NO MORE. I was convicted of DWI (though the level of DWI is undisclosed) with a suspended license for one year, 24 hours of community service, a class for an hour placed by MADD and 20 hours of alcohol assessment classes.
Luckily, I've been able to postpone everything until the end of the holiday season (besides the loss of license), but my lawyer was able to make sure that I got a fully provisional license, and not have the interlock device (the blower to make sure you aren't drinking and driving) installed.
While it was a win (no interlock), it was also a loss (conviction). I had the possibility of going for a full not guilty, but it looked as though the judge was going to go with the DA's side, even though they had no proof I was driving, they felt the case was strong enough, so I admitted to driving, and they saw that I was not the type that would be a detriment to society...
Anyway, that's what's up with all that. Thanks to anyone and everyone who said they hoped things would work out...its a little depressing, but it looks like I'll make it through...
Now I just have to figure out how to pay for my car insurance.
Later all!
No comments:
Post a Comment