Saturday, December 16, 2006

12-16-06: Cool art and some other things going on...


So some really bad movie, called DEAD AND DEADER starring Dean (Superman) Cain is on in the background tonight, so you'll have to forgive me if I start rambling about horrible movies outta nowhere tonight.


I finished the 20 pages of HALLO! that I committed to earlier this week and have sent it to Freddie J Blatant III for approval. Its good enough work, and something that anyone who enjoyed Dead Sonja would like...and I've heard there are quite a few of you...heck, at my comic store, I noticed they ordered about 25 copies, and it is almost sold out, so this is a great sign.


Every so often, I get this urge to just get into a story, and with the positive praise that Dead Sonja has been receiving, I have begun writing the book I want to do next...DEAD SONJA VS. THE ARMY OF DARKTWITS. The first ten pages (or so) are to introduce the Army of Darktwits since we haven't seen them, yet, the next portion would be how he gets introduced to Dead Sonja...then it would be their big fight...then they clear up any misconception and fight a common foe...wow, sounds like a full blown crossover, huh? Mostly, except, make sure you add in Victoria's Secret's catalogs, really stupid zombies and a three legged horse (with a dangling eyeball) and you have the most insane crossover since ROBOT vs. MONKEY...or whatever that one book was called.


I'm really excited about the idea of this book, so please, write on the LANDIS board that YOU WANT ARMY OF DARKTWITS, and maybe someone will finally cave in and give me the book I want to write :).


Oh, also...tonight, something a little different. I am posting a piece of art by Ryan Benjamin from the upcoming GRIFTER/MIDNIGHTER miniseries, an dI have to say, if the art for the book looks as good as this cover image, it is going to be a must have....so I figured he probably wouldn't mind the plug on the art and book...

No comments: