Hello! Welcome to yet another one of these great days that I like to call, "A day without a day job..." That's right, I'm off from work, have told my assistant manager to NOT call me and have literally shunned myself away from the store...why? I don't want to think about it, and I'm not going to.
Today, I received copies of DEAD SONJA #1 from the publisher, and I have to say, I'm still really impressed with the book, and I'm even MORE impressed that they sent me 15 of the 400 limited edition copies...which I am trying to think of what to do with them.
I have discussed with Owen Gieni's collaborator, Chris Crosby, about offering the book on their website, somethumbsonline.com as a way to try to get people to see that as much as Owen likes drawing cutesy characters, he can draw one hell of a zombie, as well.
I've also offered to Chris to letter the remaining pages of LANDIS, so that we may yet see it in print form, since I'd like to start passing around a movie treatment, and I think the book in graphic novel format would help solidify us trying to sell a real project. I know some online comics have made it bigtime and even signed tv deals, but most of us get laughed at and worked over for trying to claim we're just as popular as the big boys in print.
Oh...before I forget...its PLUG time. Ryan Stegman, former artist linked to a title called LANDIS (originally scheduled to draw issues 5-7 of the series), has made his way to big and better things. He started working with Chuck Saterlee and Markosia last year, but this year, when he started drawing a title for the Dabel Brothers (Magician's Apprentice), I bet he never thought he'd be working indirectly for Marvel. Well, with Dabel's new agreement to print their books through Marvel, Ryan now technically works for them. I think this is great news for him, as it is definitely one of his dreams. And don't let him say he was never drawing Landis, either, because I've seen the pages...hehe. Congrats dude, you worked hard, got yourself to the speed and quality you needed to, and now you are there!
Achem...time for you to tell them about your friend who you think is a diamond in the rough writer, hehe...kidding!
Suggestions on what I should do with the copies of Dead Sonja?
No comments:
Post a Comment