Hello all you readers out there. I want to throw another shout out to Roscoe for reviewing DEAD SONJA and by placing a comment on the last DEAD SONJA blog entry, because it really touched me and made me feel great about what I wrote...it truly helped me realize that real readers will be inspired from such writings.
Now, subject matter. Want to throw a note out there to everyone that hasn't been able to get in touch with me recently...please, don't take it personally, I've been sick since my birthday (Friday) and can't seem to get well, and with no other days off from the day job this week, I have to take every real spare moment I have to sleep and rest. I haven't been this sick in a long time.
Alright, now to what I got for Christmas.
My mom and dad actually gave me THE ABSOLUTE SANDMAN VOL. 1 from DC comics...now this is great, because its one of the Absolutes I did NOT have since I started collecting them (I started with Batman: Hush), but this was one of the two I did not get recently (NEW FRONTIER being the other). It is an omnibus style oversized hardcover that clocks in at about 650 pages. It contains the first 20 issues of Neil Gaiman's series and the first 18 of which are completely recolored from Gaiman's personal notes. It also includes the entire script and sketches from #19, as well as an intro by DC Publisher, Paul Levitz and the entire premise for the series written by Gaiman that led to the series...this is a treasure for any true comic fan.
The parents also gave my wife and myself money for assorted needs.
I received quite a bit in giftcards from both sisters and their husbands, so that ought to help supply me somewhere...my brother and my wife's brother gave me FAMILY GUY and RED STEEL respectively (haven't played either)...Christy's aunt gave us a tv stand for the bedroom and her parents gave me some candy, some nicknacks, and then some really cool stuff... a Notre Dame placemat for outside, as well as..,oh yeah...THE GREEN BRADY QUINN jersey. Here's hoping that Jimmy Clausen decides that #10 is the number he's gonna want to wear.
Christy, not to be outdone gave me a kit of goodies for my nintendo ds lite with like 10 accessories in it, the first season of Prison Break from Brett Ratner, the second season of Entourage and then...the motherload...the ULTIMATE SUPERMAN COLLECTION...
This baby has it all. SUPERMAN...SUPERMAN THE EXPANDED CUT...SUPERMAN II...SUPERMAN II THE RICHARD DONNER CUT...SUPERMAN III...SUPERMAN IV...SUPERMAN RETURNS and then like 8 other discs...this thing is HUUUUUGE! It's awesome and just what I wanted!
Don't you love when you get exactly what you ask for?
Alright, and now my ZUNE plug. Ever since I received the Zune from Microsoft...no check that, ever since I heard about this product from Microsoft, I've thought its better than your standard iPod...now, please, don't tell my wife, because I gave her a NANO for Christmas, but this Zune... wow. Let's just talk about the features.
30 GIGS...yikes, that a lot of space. That's 1/7 of my harddrive.
music, pics and video...too many possibilities.
NO COMPRESSION and TV OUT...this means just hook up the right cable and watch your videos on your tv!
WIFI...streaming baby!
FM tuner BUILT IN!
and finally...$15 a month for UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS...are they crazy?! That's like only 15 songs from iTunes...
Guys, seriously...with everything this product has to offer, if you are considering an mp3/mp4 player, don't just go with #1 because it says its the best...do your research...I'm beginning to think this thing IS the best...
Well, g'night, all...I have to be up at 5:30 am, so I want you all to enjoy the rest of your holiday... I have to prepare for the nightmare that is the day after christmas.
Rob
No comments:
Post a Comment