Thursday night, around 9:30 pm, I decide I want to see the new Halloween film. Anyone who knows me, knows I love a good cheese ball horror flick. This was NOT one. In fact, the casting seemed perfect, from Tyler Mane playing the crazed psychopathic Michael Myers, to Malcolm McDowell playing the role that NO ONE thought anyone could fill Donald Pleasance's shoes... and he did so nicely.
The cameos were spot on for what you'd expect from such a cherished property, and this movie was just good.
If you want to jump two to ten times, this movie does so in a way that is sure to continue to do so EVEN after you've seen it once.
Zombie sticks to most of the story, changing only the end, but at the same time, he kept the scenery the same (filmed in the same city) and gave a new reason behind the painted Shatner mask...which after 17 years is pretty gruesome.
If you want GOOD horror done right, this compliments the original film VERY nicely, and I'd recommend it highly to anyone wanting to jump.
1 comment:
Post a Comment