So I'm going to go ahead and leave my delirious rant up here, in its entirety, without editing it, but that will be at the end of the post. Here's what happened, and then I'll let me "I couldn't keep my eyes open as I typed," garbage at the bottom for your, and my enjoyment. Sometimes you think you are writing the great american novel, and then you find out that you just throw random letters and numbers (numbers?!) together and get something completely random. So now, the real happenings of last night, followed by hilarity. I will also state here that I am going to even post names, something I don't normally do, because there was some relevance to it this time.
-
So I get a text about 8pm last night to see if I want to go sing Karaoke at a place called Champions, and while I want to go, I don't want to ride the bike all the way down there because it's about a 20 minute ride, and I'd rather try to get a ride. Well, after my friend Tino disappears off the face of the earth, I go back to plan b, which is, bike...
When I get there, Chris wants to introduce me to his friend Heather (or her friend, or both, I can't recall). Well, Chris thinks he's sending me a text to show me which girl he's referring to, and he sends it to Heather, instead, stating that Heather's friend has gained about 30 pounds since the last time he had seen her. WHOOPS! As I stated, he sent it to her, meaning, he's in trouble if she shows the friend the text message. Chris and his girlfriend Kate at this point begin to scramble a story together to say that it WASN'T the other girl that he was talking about, and instead, it was a girl named, "Jackie."
Chris and Kate get up to go smoke, and while I don't smoke, I also don't like sitting at a table in a bar, alone, so I follow. Upon our return, someone has now claimed our table. From what I gathered, she was very attractive, had a thing for ink (some interesting tattoos, including one on her pelvis that she would later show me), she was single (and not looking) and her name? ...that's right...Jackie.
Chris pulls a girl move and tells me I have to go to the restroom with him, and while I joke that is GAY, I follow anyway, where he tells me I have to go for it with Jackie. I'm like, "Go for what?" Obviously, I know what he's talking about, but he then tells me there is no way it's a coincidence that we meet a girl named Jackie, who stole our table (yes, we just sat back down at it, LOL), after he created this farce tale of the girl he was talking about with the same name.
At this point, Jackie got up to go smoke (not a fan of smokers, btw, ladies) and Chris continued to press that I should try for it. Kate, at this point, says that she will, "chat her up," in an attempt to find conversation pieces. Chris follows Kate out after a minute of talking with me, and I wait to get another drink before I follow. As I go outside, they are both trying to involve this girl into a conversation about I have no idea, and when I sit down, Kate leans over to me and says, "Chris and I have tried to chat her up, and she's tighter than a clam." Okay, maybe not those exact words, but you get the meaning. Kate gets up, and I replace her in the seat next to Jackie, and ask her what she does for a living, blah blah. I ask her if this was "her hangout," and she kinda shrugged her shoulders, stated she lived within walking distance, so she could grab a beer and then walk, so "sure." I was getting nowhere fast, and it didn't look like it was going well, and then I asked...
"You like to try to read people, don't you?" This is less than a week after I had observed another attractive girl and asked her, "You like to control the situation, huh?" Both questions have gotten very similar responses...In this case, Jackie replied, "Um, yeah...how did you know that?" I discussed her gestures, quiet, sitting back, looking on with a full gaze, rather than not being aloof. And then, we started chatting. And we talked in and out of a two person conversation, followed by talking with everyone else for probably about an hour. And then I went to sing, and I decided I was going to sing all songs I'd never sung BY MYSELF before, and I felt I had nailed all but one song, but towards the end of the night, with the type of crowd that was in there, I decided to go to an old throwback, Build Me Up Buttercup by the Foundations. When I came back is when conversation with Jackie seemed to become a little more personal, instead of feeling someone out, when she asked, "Why did you sing that song? I love that song...I sing it at work all the time..." So we chatted til it was time for everyone to go home, and while it was really cool to be told she thought I was 25 (aww), and that we talked about things we like to do, I showed her some artwork for tattoos, saying I wanted the joker in a straight jacket because I was the witty one who was probably a tad crazy (she acted out a ba du dump there), and it was all around a good time...and then...when it was time to go home, I finally figured out the "why she's here alone," thing.
"Hey, so is there a way to reach you?" Me. "Y'know, cause I had a pretty good time getting to know you."
Her, "No. I don't facebook or anything..."
Me, "Um, but you do have a phone, right?"
Her, "Yeah, but...I'm not ready for this kinda thing..."
Me, "Getting to know people? Shit, you shoulda been doing that for years..."
Her, "No, ...y'know..."
Me, "Well, I guess I ...no, I don't. ::laughes:: Well, anyway, then, it was really a pleasure meeting you."
Her, "You too."
And it was over. Obviously, the reason she probably doesn't facebook is an Ex. The reason she doesn't want to "meet people," is an ex. And it's always like that, it seems. You meet someone seemingly a little introverted, and the reason why is something broke them, and they are trying to meet a point in life where they can go on. The sad thing is, I'm not sure if she's a fate believer or not, but I'm wondering now, if two things happened differently, if the night would have ended a little better...
1) If Kate hadn't stated matter of factly, "Jackie...Jackie...Rob her wants to fuck you..." And then when both Chris and I were throwing up the "what the fuck...NO NO NO!" she reiterated, "no, seriously. He does." Later I was asked by Jackie how long I'd known both of them, and I got to honestly say with Chris about 4 years, and with Kate...a couple months.
and the second thing that may've changed some perception of how reality works...
2) had I just told her the story of Chris's Epic Fail blunder at the beginning of the night, she may've tried to call bullshit, but in the end, that's the way the story played out.
So now, without further adeiu, the same story, told by a guy that fell asleep with the laptop still on his lap, sitting up in bed...
-
What an interesting night. Eh, not that interesting, as my knack for not being able to get past a certain point with someone leads me back to being home alone every night with the two dogs. Tonight, this wasn't about someone I've been "working on," trying to get the same person to open up a little more, tonight was about someone that I shouldn't have had a chance with anyway, who began opening up after a few key attempts at conversation.
I have always been the type of person who observes. Some people take it a bit too far, and they come across as creepy. The other night, I looked at this gorgeous girl and said to her, "You like to be in control, don't you?" She looked back and was like, "oh...wow...I um..." and I was like, "what, am I wrong?" Her reply was more direct..."No, I was just telling someone that, and it wasn't here, so I know you didn't get it from there. So why would you ask something like that?" It's because I can see it in their movements, their drive, etc.
I'm going to break my typical, "I won't divulge a name because..." rule for tonights discussion, because it was interesting. So Chris, one of my longest standing friends, invites me out to sing karaoke, for what may be my final time hanging out with his girlfriend, Kate. So, Chris wants me to meet a girl, and it's a little odd, but what ends up happening is that I get information that he sent a text message to his friend about the girl I'm supposed to meet, and it turned out that Chris wrote something like "She;s already gained about thirty lbs." And his friend replies, "what?" so they came up with a reaon certain people look better. Well, when the other girl indlued was like, "Huh?" the 3000k/
A
nyway, Kate (Chris' girlfriend) says that she'll take the fall for the Good news it. Ao the other part of stuff tonight. Hgihlange of @....
--
See, wasn't that a fun trip?
No comments:
Post a Comment