Thursday, July 12, 2007

7/12/07: The lack of Rob on here...

All of you have probably noticed the lack of updates here on the blog, and the reason why is for the past week, I've had ailments preventing me from doing much else other than go to work, and sleep. And no, those ailments DO NOT include going to work and sleeping.

In fact, since early last week, my left gland has been swollen to the point that it had been giving me headaches. Not just those, "Oh, I have a headache" headaches, but the...stop breathing you are too loud kinda headaches.

I've suffered migraines before...the ones so bad that the only comfortable place in with the lights out, laying on your bathroom floor to be as cold as you can on where it hurts, and the throat problem has been getting me to have headaches very similar to those. I was up until after 4am last night just waiting for the 4 tylenol maximum strengths I took to finally kick in. When I woke up, I didn't feel refreshed, I felt weak, tired and ready to grab more tylenol.

I'm in constant pain from my knee. I attempt to not take ANY medications for it unless it really really acts up, because I don't want to become dependent on any outside medications. These headaches, however are making me scream for a morphine drip or a vicodin in hopes of a good night sleep.

TAVA is pretty much offline for the time being, as well. JK said he had pages coming to me this week, but I have yet to see them, which I'm not blaming on him, we both have our own lives outside of the webcomic world, and we both have regrets as to how the actual website for the comic looks at this time.

We want the comic to be a place where when you go, it doesn't look like a couple of hacks putting up a pretty nice looking comic on a horrible website. We want it to look like a couple hacks doing a decent comic on a cool looking website. JK will have to forgive me for calling him a hack, but I think I've heard him use the words himself recently, so I don't think he'll mind too much.

He wants the comics to be more episodic, like 8 comics, and then background / DVD extra materials, and I think its a cool idea, so we'll see where we go with that.

So my company commissioned the makers of BioShock to create 20 "Big Daddy" busts, which is a ceramic figure head of the big ugly from the new game, and decided they were going to have a contest about it. The top 20 stores in the nation get one...right now, my store ranks...boo...1200. BUT, here's the really cool thing, 2K also sent all of our stores a ULTRA LIMITED EDITION Bioshock faceplate for the XBox 360. These are serialized to only 5000 (or so, I haven't seen mine, just yet), but that makes them ultra-rare, whoopie! And although I thought they forgot about mine for my store, it arrived today, on my day off.

For the other contest we're in (we're actually in about 5 right now, but this is one I have a chance at winning), I'm second in my region, and the top 5 get the prize, which is pretty sweet. All we have to do for this contest is get everyone who reserves a game or buys game informer magazine to give us their email address. Pretty simple, huh? Only problem? There's one other store in my district, not just region, but district that is about 14% HIGHER than me...meaning catching them will be next to impossible. and the prize for the top in the region is a chance to win a Nintendo Wii...which I don't need, since I already have one, but I could trade it in and put the trade-in value towards my upcoming games...which would be nice.

well, enough rambling...I hope everyone isn't upset at how long I've been away from the computer, and to all you video game nuts, check out the downloadable content on your PS3 and 360's, because there is some AWESOME stuff on there, now.

No comments: