Saturday, July 21, 2007

7/21/07: Long Fuggin' day...soooo tired.

Tonight, my buddy, Rich, and his lovely bride, Julie, are having the after wedding party they didn't have when they got married a couple months back.

Truth is, since I was invited, I'm going, but no offense to Rich, I'm just not up for it. He's an awesome former co-worker, and I am as good as my word is gold, so I will stay true to my statement and make sure I travel to chapel hill before him and Julie move to NY...

Last night, I went and saw my buddy Tino's band play. Nice mix of music, so it was a fun evening. My friend John, a cop in NY was in town so we went and hung out, had a beer or two and then decided we'd hit one of his old favorite bars, since he's not been back to Raleigh in probably 4-5 years.

We go to a place called O'Malleys, an ol' Irish pub, and are having a good time. We get into a discussion of college football and whether or not they'd be able to make an 8 team playoff and utilize the structure of the current bowl formula to help it along...he says no, and I say yes, which I'll explain in a future blog, btw.

Suddenly, at like 5 after 2, a dude starts fighting with ALL the bouncers and the bartenders AT THE SAME TIME...its' like 5 on 1. CRAZY. He wraps his arms around a pillar because he doesn't want to leave, and they start pounding on him and they pull him so hard they break a support pillar OUT OF THE FLOOR AND CEILING!

Un'fuckin'real.

Needless to say, after that, I went home, but saw him still trying to fight his way back into the bar as we left.

Couple that with the 10 hour day I had at work this morning, and I'm working on like 3 hrs of sleep, and had to deal with the best pre-order day probably in my store's history (we had 26 when I left). This made up a percentage of 89.7% reservations to transactions...

Wow.

I know it doesn't mean much to others, but I'm exhausted, now. And I now have to put a happy face on even though I don't really have the energy to do anything.

Ah, to get old.

No comments: