So my wife had some serious issues with co-workers based on her blog that she writes. She basically talks about her day to day experiences on her night job, and overall, it seemed like it was all a matter of time where one or more of her co-workers would feel like she was talking crap about them behind their backs and then retaliate.
Well, it happened. And Christy was really upset this morning about it, but now seems alright with most of it.
Now I love an support her, so I'm not going to go into much more, other than hopefully she knows what to do, say and how to act to prevent this type of thing again.
My problem with this situation is simple. My wife explains HER perception of the truth in her blog. She writes about what she sees, what she does, and how it all pertains in the overall scheme. However, the people that read her blog, in most cases are her customers, and not necessarily her coworkers. Because of this, when her coworkers found that she was writing things (funny or not) at their expense, they didn't take kindly to it. So they started making up stories to tell about Christy. She feels she was telling her side of the truth, but they were making things up about her.
Me, I'm 100% honest, 100% of the time, to the point that it can get me in trouble, because there's no reason to lie, because it just digs a larger hole that you need to come clean on later...that's me. A lot of bar patrons that aren't where they want to be in life will make up whatever they can to get the means and results that they want, because of whatever reason they come up with.
I have a guy that works for me that lies so badly, that it seems like he truly believes the lies in which he tells me. He told me he went to Wrestlemania, which was in Detroit, even though he has no money, no car and no wherewithall to actually set up the trip and get back in time to work the following week. Yet he truly believes he was there when he talks to me.
He told me he has a Nintendo Wii...however, when his sister came into my store and she said, "Really? It wasn't at the house when I was there..." His reply? "I hid it, because I didn't want anyone to play it."
And finally, and my personal favorite..."I am working on Assassin's Creed." Its a game being made in MONTREAL...QUEBEC...CANADA. yet he was explaining "how cold" it is up there, and that part of the reasoning behind it's lateness is because he lives in NC and can't make it up there for all the meetings.
I understand why people lie. I'm a writer. Lying is an essential portion of writing fiction. You have to place yourself into the mindset of someone or something else, and yet truly believe it yourself so that you may get others to believe it themselves.
Where am I going with this? Who knows. I love my wife. I'm not mad at her for writing her feelings or blogs, but I explained that if people don't feel they are being talked or written about, they always take it wrong...much like my employee that I wrote about would have every right to be, even though he hasn't been honest about much since he started working for me...and he has a nasty case of the funk.
That's why mostly, I write about me, as vain as that probably is, at least it means the only one that I can make mad is me, right?
Vacation is 5 days away, and it can't come soon enough. I'm hoping to take copies of THIEF and TAGGER so I can try to get inside them again, since I'll actually have some good free time for the first time this year.
Oh, and if anyone has any suggestions for when I go to Vegas, I'd love to hear'm... I've never been there, and want to take in the town when I'm there, because who knows when I'll go back, unless the company makes it a regular gig.
No comments:
Post a Comment