Frank Miller has been announced as the Series writer for Batman and Robin: Allstars, a new title from DC comics due in July. Jim Lee has been slated as penciler of the title, as well.
The creators remain tight lipped, as the story will start as a 6 parter, with the creators reassessing whether they will stay on the title for longer.
They sound as though they have at least 12 issues planned for the title, so it'll be interesting to see if they stick to it and stay on board for at least 12, which I think is a defining amount of issues for a creator. You can tell they've made their stake in the character's history if the book comes out monthly for 12 months.
This will most assuredly sell more copies than the other new ALLSTARS title, Superman, written by Grant Morrison and drawn by the man that gave Wolverine the "Gay Leather" look, Frank Quitely.
As a fan, I'm more than excited about this, but it means yet another title that I'll be buying every month...sheesh.
No comments:
Post a Comment