Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Moving along nicely.

I'm going to break this post into a couple of things.

I have finished a 16 page script for #0 of THIEF. This puts me way ahead of schedule on that, and I'll probably rework is some to fit it a little better into a 20 page book. Why? Because the story had waaaayyyy too much writing for that many pages. Don't worry, though, no extra cost to the consumer (partly because I didn't announce a price for it, yet).

I'm still thinking there'd be no problem getting a 20 page book out in the open market for no more than 1.95. Sure, it'd be black and white with color cover, but come on...Two bucks is cheaper than Image and everyone else, even if it IS in Black and White.

On top of that, Eric Kent has begun sketching the characters for Atomic Teen, and as you saw last post, I'm designing the characters from THIEF myself. I wish I was good enough of an artist to actually do more than just design characters, and who knows, I may do a pinup or something, but that remains to be seen. On the THIEF art-front, JK Radtke wants a crack at it, it seems, as he believes the hip project is actually too good an opportunity to pass up. We'll see what happens there, but right now it looks like he's going to do a couple test pages to work off some rust, and probably do a couple more pages for SPRING BROKE before too long.

On the homefront, I just CTO'd a new laptop from Bestbuy for myself and my fiance, Christy. CTO is Create to Order for all you who've never worked at somewhere like Bestbuy. Typically, I'd've ordered a Dell, but the savings by going with the HP, as well as getting a larger screen and bigger harddrive drove me to pick it up from the ole BBY...but none of the stores I worked for...Take that BT. I should receive it in time for the Superbowl, and LET'S GO PHILLY!

Other than that, I DID get my scanner fixed, so I'll be posting sketches and whatnot as I find time to draw them...

Of course, tomorrow does start SUNCOM WIRELESS's new ad campaign and new rate plans. They're hoping to make a HUGE impact on the smaller area...and with what they have in store, they look like they'll be very close to jumping in and start running from the get-go...unfortunately for me, it means waiting a good while until they finally have us re-do the store, and start selling...six-months of crap before life should get any easier.

On top of that, Christy got a really good deal on a vacation package for us. $600 for an 8-day trip...yes, they'll try to sell us something but what we don't have the money for, we can't buy, right? Hehe...It's to Florida for Universal, Disney, and a cruise...great news for folks who want to spend their honeymoon somewhere other than waffle house.

No comments: