Hey guys, just wanted to give an update to what I'm planning when I launch my new comics through ComiXpress.
ATOMIC TEEN
Written by: Rob Potchak
Art and Letters by: Eric L Kent
Premise: A 15 year old boy by the name of Phillip Rogers keeps having nightmares. Waking up in a pool of sweat for a fifteen year old is normally because of worries for a test, not because of visions of destroying all life on the planet. Rogers has apparently been chosen as the suitor for an all-powerful alien being, and its up to him whether or not he'll succumb to the power or be the worlds savior. Expect this in 16 page issues, so we can try to stay on a once a month (at worst) basis. Don't worry, pricing will be respectable to the page count. No $2.95 an issue for only 2/3s the regular comic size.
This story I really want to keep in the mindset of a 15 year old, and the hardships that you deal with in everyday life. I look at it as a modern-day Spider-man story where the power and responsibility come into play, but at the same time, if I go far enough into the book, I'll also go very deep into both character's heads and feelings. The response to what's been written has been very good so far, as most people want to see which direction Phillip goes. Hopefully with the hype I'm personally giving to this story, (check out the forums in BrokenFrontier.com), I hope it doesn't disappoint.
ARDY/TORCH: SPRING BROKE!
Written by: Rob Potchak
Art by: JK Radtke
This story has been in the making for years, and will continue to be so =). JK Radtke wants to do this story, I want to do this story. The smartass private eye from Landis gets his own book, and yet he's still got to share it with someone who has never shown up in a book before. Torch, a creation of Radtke has decided to get into Ardy's head by talking him into a vacation. Only problem is, when they get to their vacation spot, it is completely deserted, except for the mysterious bartender known simply as Cheech. Who has stolen all the spring break hotties, and the alcohol.
This story really has been in the works for a long long time. After I posted the picture of Ardy and Cheech, JK told me that he really still wants to do the book. We may format it differently, and since I've been planning it for 5 years, who knows when it'll be complete, but I promise, NO Daredevil: Father, here. No first issue and then a year before the second. I may actually release this as a 40 page trade.
No pricing is available at this point, and I wouldn't expect too much movement on the books until I get ready to start printing, which would probably be two or three months.
No comments:
Post a Comment