Well, I know this doesn't pertain to anything else that I normally discuss online, but I've mentioned my want for a TV for a while, and I've got to say that the PANASONIC 30IN Widescreen HDTV I got is WELL worth the value, even though its quite a bit more expensive than purchasing a standard tv.
Things to think about if you are intending to buy HDTV...get one with HDMI or DVI hookups. Cable typically comes with DVI, and Satellite typically comes with HDMI. The cable in either situation will cost you AT LEAST $45, but again, to get the best possible quality, you are going to need this anyhow. Without it, you can use Component video cables, and they will run you (for a good set) about $79. I bought an HDMI to DVI conversion cable, from Walmart for $45, so that I can connect it to my Cable box, but ultimately, if I go to Satellite, it will be unnecessary, but for now, I guess I need it.
Here's the kicker...Cable only charges you $7 more for the HD Package, which gives you I believe 10-15 channels. Directv charges more, ($11), but they offer a few more channels and 3 months free...Directv is also offering all the premium channels free for three months (they get expensive AFTER that), and all the equipment free after instant online rebate.
you are probably wonderng why I am even considering staying with cable, and the real answer behind that is that I'm not sure if I'll save any money. And in the mean time, that's the important thing, while still getting the best quality.
I ultimately think that DirecTV will save me money, or be right at the same price per month if I go with the HBO Package, which is nice...
I just don't know, and with all the Christmas shopping, I don't like the idea of signing up for a new service right now...
Thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment