No not defeat...though it could have happened.
This week, even after Chris and his family were snowed in without power, Elisalandis.com will EASILY have its best week ever without advertising the page through Keenspot. How did it do it?
I'm not quite sure, but I've been getting around the webcomic community, still attempting to find the person that will take over as artist after this first arc (anyone know anyone? Lemme know!), and I've been finding some really really excellent stories out there that are just amazing and deserve to be collected in print.
I want to really thank Blix over at EATKITTIES.com for placing a link to Landis' adventure on their site. It is an EXTREMELY good comic, and just wonderfully and beautifully drawn. I've made mention of the comic before, and it really is doing well in those top webcomic pages, normally cracking the top 25...so if you aren't reading it, or heck, even just looking at what this artist is capable of (most of the work is available as a print...y'know, with Christmas on the way)...you are truly missing out.
I've also started reading Inverloch and Abstract Gender (this is still in the early stages, but seems pretty ridiculous and funny), and there's another one on my work computer that I go to that is just great, but I can't remember the name of it right now.
Anyway, by giving my thanks and praise to them, they may have mentioned my story, too, but I'm not sure. I know Blix did, THANKS!...Its really cool when you can find something totally different than what you are used to and become a fan of it.
Anyway, again, after all that happened with Chris this week, the site actually got MORE hits and I'm hoping this is a trend that will continue on. I'm loving the pages as they come up now, since most of them I hadn't seen in full color, and I'm just as big a fan of this story as I hope you folks are...its funny when you see where you started in comics, and then where you've gotten.
Now, I think I'm going to try to write a proposal for a Marvel Character that will probably just get laughed at because I don't write movies or tv shows, but heck, y'never know, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment