Why am I dropping the post number? Every time I post...if I delete a post, it gets rid of it, so I don't want to do that, anymore, so I figure I'll post with the date from now on. We're over 300 posts, so it really shouldn't matter one way or another.
Well, I've finished the DEAD SONJA: SHE ZOMBIE WITH A SWORD #1 script for Blatant Comics, and while I CAN NOT say that it is my best work, I can say that it has a good flow to it, and all the stories coincide with each other nicely, since there are three totally random stories in the issue...each 16 pages, so at least there's enough filling for the price point. In fact, since we're doing it for only 3.99, that's only a dollar more for OVER twice the content of your average Marvel, DC or IMAGE title...so even if only thirty pages of content are "satisfactory" that means you are still getting your money's worth...heh.
Alright, I won't rationalize the story aspect. What I will say about it is this. I like writing fiction that isn't parody MORE than I enjoy parody. But I DO like PArody writing enough to do it, and do it "well." No one wants to write a character like another character, only in silly situations, but if it earns you a published book when you don't see another coming, you do it, and enjoy the humor in it.
Obviously, I was entertained wnough with the idea while writing it to draw a picture of the female lead, and write 48 quality script pages within 7 day, so I'd feel I was inspired.
While at Heroes Con in Charlotte, I met a lot of really nice artists...including Javier Saltares (drew Landis), Jame O'Barr (I could write a novel on what he told me in 30 minutes), and quite a few others...Here's the thing, I would like to say I was networking...WHAT was I networking, you ask? LANDIS. I chat with Brandon Peterson, Mike Choi, Randy Green, and Ethan Van Sciver about doing a commission of LANDIS, all of which seemed REALLY interested, however, had some time constraints. All of these guys have been on extremely successful titles, so because of this, getting any of them to actually do a piece, and then getting it framed would be totally kickass.
One thing EACH of them explained to me, however, was to NOT publish any of the art, unless I asked for a cover / pinup illustration, all of them stating that they'd put more effort into something that would subsequently cost more...This, I feel is a disservice to you loyal readers (50 or so of which will read down this far, hehe), and who knows, if Chris can get me in touch with another artist, we may get more LANDIS sooner, rather than later...but who knows.
This is more of a rant than anything else. I decided to cut 90% of the pornstar friends from the MYSPACE page (myspace.com/potsandpansink) because it just worth getting bulletins about where they were stripping, singing, or wearing (nothing), and not wanting to look at it.
Christy (my wife) and I are doing quite a bit better, though I have been really sick the past couple days (I think it may be the flu), and without medical insurance until it kicks in from the job, I'm reluctant to create another bill. Hopefully enough Dayquil and NyQuil will help me get through it.
I have my court date on Wednesday, so I am still not at liberty to share this story...at least again. I'm sure I'll have good or bad news to post...or at least indifferent news when they continue the case. I DID however spend $200 on a new suit today to make sure that I'm not just in Sunday Best, but wearing better than I ever do that day...of course, $200 was more than I wanted to spend, but I figured I might as well get a new tie, and Suit coast and pants...what can it hurt? Most of my friends are getting married or whatever now, so it makes sense for multiple occassions.
Christy has told me she's taking a month off of drinking again, to prove to herself she can do it. I'm skepticle, but supportive as I want her to prove to both of us that the drinking doesn't control her...as it does AFTER she's been drinking.
I do not drink and drive now. I won't have a single drink and then get behind the wheel of a car. I'm not trying to preach, but my wife is supposed to uphold that rule, too, because of everything, and if she can't, that's where a problem stems from.
Have you ever felt like your life isn't where you want it to be? I have this feeling all the time, and yet, I still want to move forward with things like having children...why? I'm not really sure...maybe I feel this growing thing inside telling me that this is what's next. I'm very stubborn, if I want something, I normally go get it...this could turn out to be a real problem in the future when it involved both myself and my wife, but it doesn't stop me from wanting nor doing.
In that way, I guess I understand Christy's want to drink. She wants it, regardless of what it may do, and without thinking through some of the consequences...ah well.
It seems I've give you folks a lot to digest here. Reply if you'd like...let me know where you WANT to be in life, and how you plan to get there...me...I'm feeling it out right now. I just wish that the people doing interviews for employment would take a shot on hiring me, so I can make the company money...
No comments:
Post a Comment