
Since the art thing seems to be working, I figure I'll go ahead and add another piece...
This is the penciled cover of THIEF #2 from Eric Kent. He's now slaving away on TAGGER, but after we finish up Tagger, he'll be back to this labor of love, that as far as he keeps telling me is into the third issue of art, where I told him to stop to come up with a better ending (since I hate being my own editor, I don't realize something's bad until the artist is midway through drawing it...STILL SORRY, ERIC!)
With TAGGER, we've decided to just letter Eric's pencils, and at present will probably be done in black and white, unless Eric wants to play with coloring it, too, but since we're not being paid like the big time pros we are (hehe), we may have to cut some corners, while not sacrificing the quality...
Not quite sure if Eric wanted me to show this piece or not, but it shows how good of an artist he is with perspective. I'm really a blessed writer with most of the artists I've worked with...
Tony Furtado has worked with Heavy Metal and is now at 01comics, Tim Johnson (from the Ardy story you've no doubt read) has become a commercial artist and painter, Eric has worked with plenty of pros in the past, JK is a super talent that doesn't realize his own potential, and without really being in the industry door like I try to be, has quite a few connections, not to mention everyone else I've worked with...
Well, I'm off for tonight...back to work in the morning, BOOOOOOOOOO! And then somehow have Tuesday off before I go to work probasbly every day straight til my impending court case on the 16th.
No comments:
Post a Comment