Sunday, August 06, 2006

Post 318 (8/7/06): Trying to post a new piece of art.



So Blogger now looks to have an image addition selection that I didn't even notice...so I'm trying it out. The piece in question shows you how excited I am about a project, since I keep getting told I need to do complete art pieces, and I feel that besides coloring this one, its about as complete as a drawing from me gets, hehe...

This is a piece of promo art I did for DEAD SONJA. Why did I do one? Because the book is fun to write, and because I wanted a reason to play on the tablet. The basic layout and character placement was actually done by one of the best comic book artists out there, Jim Lee. I redrew from his design our own Sonja character, adding a lot of my typical hatchmarks and making it a whole different piece of subject matter. I basically redrew it from his early design of his RED Sonja #12 cover. Even when signing the piece, however, I showed that it was an homage to the former head of Homage Studios.

I've already written 32 pages of the 48 page book, and I haven't even worked out the details on the contract terms....But I have been told that if this book does well, we'll move forward with sequels, and maybe even crossovers with other "dynamic" characters...

1 comment:

HiPpYcHiCk said...

It's a nice drawing babe, why don't you try drawing something totally original with her or another less-seen character....that way you can claim it as yours! I KNOW you have it in you! Luv ya!