Hello fellow creators:
In this time of tragedy, the comics industry is looked at as a getaway for what many people have suffered through. I look to you to help in a time of need, as I am attempting to put together a relief effort in the form of 100% proceeds of a charitable auction going to an established entity that has been created to distribute any help necessary to the victims and their families of Hurricane Katrina.
My name is Rob Potchak, many of you know me either via online, or having met in person. This is an effort that I am trying to justify with you, simply for the fact that I have family in Alabama, and while they may not have been hit nearly as hard as some of the other areas, it makes you think, "What if they were? What could I do to help?"
I intend to utilize my E-Bay account (unless another is specifically formed) to auction off comics of my own to the families that need our help. The reason I send this email / forum post is specifically because I know I can not do this myself. I simply ask that if there is anything you are willing to donate to the cause, that we make this a showing of why the comics industry is so great. If anyone would like to help with either putting up a website with what will be auctioned, that would be terrific! If Anybody would like to donate anything from signed comics to original art, anything that would possible would be out of this world.
I ask this because I wonder, "What if it was my family?" and what would I hope people would do.
Right now, the two charities I would like to consider donating the proceeds to are FEED THE CHILDREN or the AMERICAN RED CROSS.
Please, ANYONE who is interested in helping their fellow man, get in touch with me so that we can help out in the best way possible.
Take Care
Rob Potchak
robpotchak.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment