Friday, May 11, 2007

5-12-07: Haven't been online much this week....

These two kids are really important to me. Its my nephew Drew and my niece Rachel. Rachel is actually my God-daughter and maybe at some point she'll grow into a role of wanting to give her uncle Rob a hug...but for now, I'll settle for high fives because at least its better than screaming and running away.

Rachel is the daughter of my sister, Carrie Anne and her husband Andy, and you can tell exactly how well she's being brought up, because she'll have complete conversations with you and she isn't even three yet. The other day, my family was at a restaurant named RED ROBIN and the restuarant had balloons on the ceiling. Now I ask Drew if he wants to be picked up and he starts grabbing for the balloons. He doesn't tell anyone he wants one, he just starts reaching to grab...Rachel, on the other hand is asked if she would like one, as my other sister, Michelle attempts to hand her one, and her response is, "I don't want one." Then she asks again, and Rachel turns to her, puts both hands on her hips and says, "I don't want one..." It was pretty amusing.

Drew, the son of my brother Dave, is growing up to be like the cutest kid you'd ever see, and honestly, he looks a lot like Dave did growing up. The best conversation I get out of him is, "cars." Then its, "Cars ...nhhhn...cars....hnnn...Rob...cars..." Again, comical, but its a one trick pony. However, Drew likes me, whereas it seems Rachel tolerates me.

To all of you reading the DVD extra pages of THE ARDY VANSTARR ADVENTURES, I applaud you for not leaving, however, I think we've given some real insight, and with JK's responses to the UNUSED PAGES coming up, I think you really get inside the artists head. We're gearing up the second part of the story, too, and when I realize where the end of this story is going to take us, we'll develop the next arc, because the current one DOES have an end, and it actually changes the status quo of the character, and may allow him to get back to what he's best at, investigating.

So I'm in a bit of a pickle. My sister, Michelle and her husband Shane have invited Christy and myself to Lake Tahoe with them middle of June. Problem is, my friend John that I haven't seen in almost two years is now inviting us to Atlantic City shortly after. Here's the problem. We can do one, but not both. And as much as I think I'd enjoy Reno (near Tahoe), I know I like Atlantic City...so it leaves a situation where there's not really a win win...so I asked Christy, to which she replied that she'd rather go to AC and see John since we haven't seen him in such a while. Now I need to break the news to the Sis and get the time requested off.

So I've been working a lot and the company really seems to be pissing a lot of people off. Why? They aren't giving ANY labor to ANY store, even though we're up almost 150% in sales from last year. Its sad. You'd think they'd reward you, but we've got less hours next week than this week and we need to hit almost twice the number. I hate this stupid BS. Not enough to quit, mind you, but enough to really say I hate it, heh.

I haven't been on much because of work, but also because of two video games I've bought this week. SPIDER-MAN 3 for the Playstation 3 and COMMAND AND CONQUER 3 for the 360. Both are good. I just don't have enough time to play them. Ahh well, I guess they could both be horrible and then it woulda been a waste of money.

It's been a weird week all around, but I'm getting through it...hopefully the next week goes by without weird shit going on...we seem to be getting a lot of that...and wow, Edge is the new Champion on Smackdown...what a "quick fix" way of giving two be guys time off.

Anyway, folks, for now, I'm out...

No comments: