Wednesday, May 16, 2007

5/16/07: Has it been 4 days since my last post already?

So today was one of those, "I'm gonna get'cha days," where everything that could "getcha" goes ahead and gets ya...we've all had them, we all hate them, because there's NO way to get a day back... its an intangible...but every so often, it slaps you in the face, steals your oatmeal creme pie and dances a jig on your naughty parts for shits and giggles...and with that, the rest of this post is FILLED with BAD WORDS...if you are easily offended, I would stop reading...but then you'll miss the good stuff...like changing the channel from HBO...

So I go into work already pondering how I'm going to write a schedule around this HUGE freaking sale our company is doing starting NEXT Saturday (YES, Gamestop is having a huge sale, lots of stuff, 25%-75% off), while I've got an inventory at a store over an hour away, and have to train a new guy that has NEVER worked for our company before...but alas, I decided it couldn't be that bad, right? I was going to schedule my vacations from June 4th-6th in Atlantic City, (Sorry JK, but I just can't take a week off in June to go to Tahoe...but I'll be in Vegas in September), and the family vacation in Sea Isle NJ in August. You'd never guess I'm in NC from where I vacation, but I enjoy those spots.

Okay, so that's all dandy, but then I start working on the schedule when a customer by the name of MIKE URBAN comes in. He's pre-ordered games with us before and always been a decent guy...(movie voice) UNTIL TODAY...(end movie voice). He came in saying that he had to sell his Nintendo Wii and no longer needed the two games he pre-ordered for it...Cool. "I'll refund them to store credit because that's how you paid for them." I didn't even offer another pre-orderable item because I knew today was "THAT DAY" already. Here's the conversation... now let me tell you, I stayed completely calm, which normally I'd lose it at some point, but I've worked on it enough to not have it happen until someone REALLY gets to me...

"I'll go ahead and give you the store credit you ordered it with..."

"No, you'll give me my money."

"Sir, you didn't pay for it with money, so there's no way to give it back as money. You used store credit to purchase these, so I can give you store credit."

Wait for it...

"No, you'll give me back my fucking money because I traded in games and I want my fucking money!"

"Sir, I'll give you back what you paid for in cash, but you did not pay with 'money' so you can not get money for them...And I don't appreciate that language in my place of business." (Swear to God I said it).

"This is unfuckingbelievable! The guy told me I could get twenty percent less cash for my trades if I wanted them as cash...so I want my money back..."

"Unfortunately, you paid for these with no cash, and there's NO way to covert them into cash at this point, since you didn't take that and we gave you 30% MORE for them than you would have gotten had you taken the cash (20% less for cash, but there's 10% more for putting them towards preorders, meaning 30% math majors)."

"I don't have time for this. You are going to give me my fucking money right now!"

"Actually, sire, I told you I don't appreciate that language..."

"So what the fuck are you going to do about it?!"

"I'm going to ask you to leave...NOW."

"Fuck that and fuck you. Where's the store manager?!"

"That would be me. And I asked you to leave."

"Unfuckingbelievable! Fuck this shit, fuck you...and FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FAG GEEK!"

You can not make up that. Of course I ended with the simple, "Have a nice day, sir." And through the rest of the course of the day, I took care of everyone else...my battle with the day had ended. I gave a valiant fight of killing you with kindness, but in the end, the day beat me, and now I laugh about it.

I told my buddy, Mike, who is a Raleigh cop that works in the mall with a "Where were you 15 minutes ago?" And he tells me he could have arrested him for disorderly conduct. Which means a beat down probably would have ensued...I have been told if he comes back that I can call them and have him banned from the mall, which would also get him a trespassing violation.

I told my boss Kevin if he wants his money back, I'll send it to Kevin, and Kevin can deal with him, but I will not accept that type of vilation of my space, my character or my being. My store worked VERY hard to be one of 25 stores (out of 133) to get a perfect score on our Customer Experience Surveys, FOR THE FIRST FISCAL QUARTER to have some asshole talk shit to me because I'm following a policy and I will not break the policy based on the fact that you were a complete asshole to me. Do unto others. And I'll stand my ground. *I WILL NOT GIVE HIM A REFUND ON THIS* And the reason is simple. You insulted me for no more reason than to attempt to submit me to your pettiness and foolishness and I didn't. I treated you the way I wished to be treated and you did not respect me with the same. I will have you arrested for as much in the future, since I can. And the police will back up the store in question.

I also have a way of contacting security in a quick enough way, now, so that you won't be able to run out before they get there...these guys live for this shit, and they love being able to display their love of their job.

Christy, my wife, told me to write this in a way that it would go over funny, but I don't think there is a way to do such. It wasn't a fun situation, it didn't make me happy, though I can laugh about it a bit now...but I know how corporate is going to handle this..."You will cancel it, you will pay him cash, and you will apologize for the company...and then ask him to not come back."

I like my job, so I'll either end up doing it, or I'll have someone else do it for the sake of the company, but rest assured, if he wants me to give him the money back, and I'm against it... I'll have security there next time.

All this and I haven't had time to send April's prize yet...Friday should be when I get to the post office, the comic store and many other errands should be completed. Til then, I'm out...since I have to leave to do an inventory at another location now...

No comments: