Still not comfortable drawing the Hulk, but this has been my best attempt thus far.


I also decided I was going to try to draw a Kryptonian, so I did a face of what I thought one would look like, using Jim Lee's stylings from his run on Superman. I liked how the contours in the face came out on this one, so I'm happy with the final product, here...

And finally, a quick sketch of a character I'm becoming more and more fond of, the AUTHORITY's Midnighter. This was a pretty small sketch, and very rough, but I like the feel of motion in it, but I feel I puffed his cheeks out a bit much...
Alright, so last week what my worst performing week in my store to date. I pulled a 3.0% reservation for the week, but if I had ZERO cancelled pre-orders, it would have been 9.0%. I did however, post my best Subscription percentage that I can ever remember, selling 20 subscriptions for a WHOPPING 20%!. So with our +/- 15% score (adding the goals of 10% reservations and 5% subsriptions = 15% total), I was still at a +8.0%, meaning I was third in the rankings in my store. Now, mind you, the only two people that ranked higher than me only worked one day each, I take it in stride. I will say this, though I had a ton more transactions than them, I was still confident that I could put up a good showing, which I feel I did...
The problem that this created was simple. I had MY WORST WEEK EVER, and I ranked THIRD, with everyone who worked more than one day being BEATEN by me...what does this tell you? The store RANKED HORRIBLY. Anybody who tells me, "Yeah, well I had a better Res percent than you..." is basically saying, "I didn't suck as much as you did this week..." Whereas, what they need to be saying is "Rob, I'll get my 10%, and I'll aim higher, because 10% should be the bare minimum..." But they don't.
I'm competitive, and after having my worst reservation week ever, how's this for a start to the week...fourteen reservations in two days... this is 2 more than THE ENTIRE STORE had last week. My percentage week to date...over 40%. The only person other than me to have a pre-order sold this week so far? Austin, the guy who is only on his second day, who already has one res and one sub, meaning he's doing extremely well for someone who has NEVER sold anything.
Speaking of Austin, he gets it. I told him as long as he has common sense and allots his time correctly, the job is simple. He understands this...maybe its his military background, or maybe he is just the most competent person I've seen walk through the door in a long time. Thursday is the first day he'll deal with shipments, so we'll see how that goes...but I let him close the registers on Monday night (after only seeing me do it once) and he only missed two little things, that I'll make sure he doesn't miss on Thursday and Friday night when I close with him.
So that's my week so far...it's going well, although I'm already exhausted. Tonight's my final alcohol class, so I'll be doing my homework and preparing for that. This truly closes a chapter in my life that I want behind me, so this will give me something to be proud of, as I make my final step to atone for my mistake.
Finally, although technically it started today with a rehash page, THE ARDY VANSTARR ADVENTURES is ALL NEW starting Thursday (ardyvanstarr.com). I hope everyone liked the DVD extras that JK and I provided, but its time to get the story running again. We're hoping for no interruptions before the end of this story, though we may take a little break (with more DVD extras) after this story to get a larger amount of pages done for the next story arc, so we can possibly go to updating more frequently.
No comments:
Post a Comment