Alright. We've all seen OFFICE SPACE. We all know the feeling of, "I only work hard enough to not lose my job," and I don't work that way. I think people that skit by at the seat of their pants really need a reality check, and really need to stop being the victim of "I'm afraid my boss has it out for me, so I'm just not going to do all the work that I've been hired to do" bullshit. Everything I have accomplish has been by busting my ass. Its how I live. When Christy and I fight, I work double hard to make sure that we correct it, and thank God, so does she. I'm just tired of hearing people claim that they are doing everything in their power, when they A) aren't taking care of themselves outside of work, B) Aren't doing what's asked of them AT work, and C) just want to be the victim and get everyone's sympathy.
I don't like hearing it from other people, I don't like hearing other managers discuss it, and its really sad to see the lack of CARING of one's self and their position.
This is something I tell people I hire..."Best Buy lays off people that don't get the job done at your pay rate...why? Because they can hire a BODY at minimum wage to NOT get the job done..." It's a fair statement, and anyone that has heard it should realize, it takes the victim out of it, and makes it just as true as it is...if you aren't performing at your job, why not find someone else that brings your P&L down so at least you turn a profit, even if you don't perform to the company goals?
Is it fair? Is that really the issue? If you are afraid of losing your source of income, look inside and see what's changed in you. I'm sure your boss is still running things the way they always have. Are you pulling your weight? When did you stop, and why haven't you picked it back up?
What makes everyone worry about their job rather than work harder to keep it? I think there's something in certain folks that makes them competitive, and makes them want to win and succeed...Quarterbacks in football that succeed have it...and they just label it...IT. You ask anyone, I have IT. It makes me mad when I see how hard I work go down the drain when it comes to , "You are only as strong as your weakest link..."
I guess the other question to ask there is...did you create the problem, or are you doing what you have to to clean it up?
I mentioned that I bought Spider-man 3 the game the other night in a blog that I will apologize now for, since it was one of those blogs that was written when I probably had more of a different substance in my blood than, well...blood. I enjoy the game, though there are really crippling elements in it...bad camera angles, stupid missions that get repetitive and the like, but the game does have some fun stuff...The NY in the game is just fun to swing around, though there's no one talking to Spidey and even Bruce Campbell's narration is sporadic at best.
I like the game, and I went to see the movie tonight as well.
Let me say this...for a guy that started with such small movies as Evil Dead, Sam Raimi really comes at you in this movie and screams at the top of his lungs, "Take that Star Wars...Take That ET, and BLOW ME Titanic..." And this I applaud. Its obvious some lines are in there for their corniness, (Hi Stan Lee), and others are in there for the children watching ("No spidey, don't!"), but this film collapsed the need of a fourth film. I'm happy Sam got to finish his epic in high fashion, since it allowed him to re-use old footage that other directors probably wouldn't have had approved...Thomas Hayden Church was amazing in his role of the Sandman, with all the depth given to him in only minutes of airtime.
The fault of the film? I knew it, and you all fucking knew I was going to say it..."Eric Forman as Venom..." Topher Grace should not, ever, ever, EVVVER be picked for another supervillain. I Understand it was done to put him on the same plane as Peter, and you wanted someone just as Dorky as Peter for the anti-spiderman, but please...Venom looked cool. I anticipate that Venom COST a lot...maybe not as much as Sandman (WOW), but he cost a lot, and his demise was pretty true...
Overall, I enjoyed the film. I really did. But the one aspect that I couldn't drive out of my head was that it was...sad. It was sad throughout, and it was really broken down. It made your heart ache by the end as much as it made your hair on your neck stand up during the fight scenes. James Franco was great...until...well, until...
You see how great Tobey, James and Kirsten are in this film, but the other part that made it sad was this...it is probably the last time we'll see a Spider-man film done this well.
Just please, promise me that Brett Ratner isn't allowed to touch the franchise...and...one last bit...
What the fuck is up with people talking throughout the film like, "So this guy is made out of sand now?" Excuse me, but don't you realize that when the villain is called fucking SANDMAN that he is MADE OF FUCKING SAND? Or how about..."Eww, what is that thing going all over Spider-man?" Um...that's the BAD FUCKING GUY....
Really people let's put it this way...the great thing about a movie is this...SHUT UP and if done right, THE MOVIE WILL EXPLAIN IT. Christ. That's probably what made me more than a little ticked at the whole experience, and the only thing that stopped me from saying "SHHHH" was the fact that her boyfriend and other three guys sitting with them probably would have tried to shoot me had I mentioned anything.
Alright, I'm done bitching now, heh...
No comments:
Post a Comment