"A satire that actually gets better with every page in both writing and art, Dead Sonja starts off as a fairly light, pun-based joke, and builds toward a neat, weird, little meta-fictional ending. As the basis for the jokes runs out, it feels a little padded at 48 pages, but at least it’s got great, energetic art to ogle (by three different artists) before writer Rob Potchak brings it home to rest. Assuming zombies ever rest…"
That was from atomic comics...that is probably the BEST comic site review of a book I've written...and the craziness is this...I never saw this review until today, when Chris Crosby sent it to me, publisher of Dead Sonja.
Okay, so I have a statement for everyone reading...WINNERS get the job done...everyone else make excuses. I've begun truly feeling like this...that's why I do what I can, I work on what I can, and I get my work done...why? I don't ASK that ANYONE has to do more work than their position states...However, what I've noticed is this...
Some people feel that they can leave work for others to get done, and get away with it...I've come to realize that some GET THE JOB DONE and OTHERS...give excuses.
I have two employees that will do every bit of work I ask of them...I have 7 other employees... one is too green to be explained here...one only thinks its about sales and the others think they can get by with witty banter and leaving work for everyone else.
The funny thing? The only two that get the "free pass" on sales numbers? Are the two that get the work done that's asked of them...why? Because I know that you can get one or the other done...
Some people TAKE responsibility...other's HAVE responsibility...you know the difference? Those who take it, get their work done...they're the ones that tell me, "You are a great manager..." Those who HAVE responsibility are the ones that make excuses as to why they can't get the job done in twice the time it takes a part timer to get the job done.
We all have both...but the real question is how do the TAKERS continue to do their job, when they know the HAVERS don't? And here's what happens...at some point, the takers realize that the HAVERS aren't doing their job, so the Takers stop doing their's...And where does that leave a manager or leader?
I consider myself a leader...I work more and HARDER than ALL my employees...and when I complain, its because I'm working HARDER than I need to. the word there is NEED...If I wanted to keep my job and not worry about anything, A) I wouldn't take ANY vacations... B) I wouldn't take two days off per week, and C) I'd just suck it up like some and work 60hr weeks...
Here's the problem...I don't want to do those three things...I work hard enough to deserve those things...however...does everyone else?
I've told Austin, my new third key, that I expect him to run things like a drill instructor...why? I want to rank well, and I want to win. Simply put. My job is ot to ensure that everyone likes Austin, but to ensure that everyone respects him and gets their work done around him... and that's what I feel I've done.
People who do not get respected at work have no one but themselves to look at...if you accept excuses as to WHY you can't get your job done, you are IN THE WRONG PROFESSION. If you can't EXECUTE because you don't BELIEVE, then you aren't getting YOUR JOB DONE. Don't tell me that it can't be done if others are doing it...
Hell, I admit my WORST WEEK ever last week, and ow did I return this week? I'm at 40-something percent going into the midpoint of the week, OUTSELLING THE WHOLE STORE from last week as of today...This isn't luck...its irritation as to how bad we did last week...and how bad *I* did last week.
Not only do I NOT want anybody saying "I beat you last week..." during my WORST WEEK EVER, but I don't want anyone saying, "I BEAT YOU LAST WEEK..." during my best week ever...why? I'm too competitive...
If you aren't competitive, you are in the wrong profession...if you don't have a WILL TO WIN, then you don't have a will to COMPLETE your job...this is where problems come up...
If you can't complete your tasks, you FORCE it on someone else...is that fair? Especially when part timers get that done? You need to look inside and fix the problem...you need to work harder, if the people that pull half the hours get twice the work done...
Look inside...if you don't go home tired, you aren't completing the job description.
No comments:
Post a Comment