So, today I went into work for an hour and a half on my day off, knowing the store was going to receive a visit from my regional director and another regional from a different part of the country. I wanted the face tome, but also wanted to show that we were prepared for whatever he wanted to ask and discuss. Well, while I was expecting his typical hard added self, I was elated to hear his initial reaction to how the store looked, which was a loud "YESES! THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" From there, the rest of this visit went amazingly, as he started talking numbers with me. My previous visits, he had never asked about them, but on this visit specifically, he did. In fact, I brought it up the last time, and his response was, "When the store is right, and the processes are in place, then I'll talk numbers with you." Having spoken with other managers, this is the first ANYONE has heard of him talking numbers, leading me to believe that he feels we are where we need to be, and he believes we are doing it his way. He even went as far as to say he wants to partner me with a few other managers and discuss sales techniques and such at our conference next month, which meant he knows his to make me feel good about my stance with the company. He left with saying, "I always ask that you show me what is your best, and every time I have been in here, it has gotten better. And that's saying a lot, since I know I've spent a considerable amount of time here specifically."
Overall, a great visit.
Before my shift, I received a facebook message from the female of interest, which is interesting, because I was thinking my "hellos" and "u want to try to get together" were falling on deaf ears. It was just a simple "hey," but I hadn't talked to her in a while, knowing that she just had to go through the death of her dad, and she's got a lot going on. So, I tried to msg her back and FB on my phone acts up, so I couldn't tell if there was more that she wrote or not. I tested her later in the afternoon, and I told her if she wants something, let me know, and we'll move on from there. Told her I was here, but the capacity she wants needs to be a little better explained. She said it's a rough time for her right now, to which I let her know I understand, but she has to decide when it's time to move forward, but to take her time.
That's about all that happened to me, today, didn't go out, no trouble gotten into, and I looked into a little of it more of the bachelor party stuff for my friend Brian, and I think I'm going to get some VIP passes to either Aria or somewhere in the luxor in Vegas. Ought to be fun.
Ugh, it's already past one, and I have to be at the store at 8:30, so I'm gonna cut this off here.
No comments:
Post a Comment