This was in an interview I just found based on the LANDIS and A-BOMB experiment...
Chris Crosby:
"As for A-Bomb (the full color sci-fi/superhero-ish comic book line I personally tried to launch in summer 2003), it was a fun experiment that fizzled. The pre-orders for the first issue of LANDIS (A-Bomb's first title) were nearly triple what the bestselling Keenspot comic book had sold, but it still wasn't quite enough to support a monthly full color periodical."
He was basically speaking about a full-color comic line that we were supposed to start in July of 2003, but never happened. Chris admits it fizzled (boo...) but that the book pre-ordered at 3X what any other book from Keenspot had done. In fact, it did better that the books from FUTURE COMICS, which was run by Bob Layton formerly of Valiant comics...
I just like the positive statements...hehe
No comments:
Post a Comment