Sunday, October 30, 2005

Post 171: A couple Landis and ND elements...

First, being the Notre Dame football fan that I am, I must say, hearing that Charlie Weis is signing a new 10 yr contract extension, Rob is a very happy camper. In a day and age where money is everything, Charlie Weis mentioned that he wants to be the coach of Notre Dame for the future so that he can see his son graduate from the same school he did.

On top of that, all the talk on the forum about new Landis stories and such had me realize that I never checked to see how far into the script I was. Low and behold, I found out that based on the online system of scripts, I found almost as many remaining NOT drawn as the ones that ARE drawn. And if you think the story has gone kind of crazy already, the storyline after "Chapter 4" takes place about 3 months after, and believe me when I say that it is a MUCH darker story, although their are still moments of humor.

Two things on that, however...I'm not sure if after Chapter 4 if I just want the story to continue...no, I don't want it to end, because I love the story...What I mean, is that a character with "700 years" of history has a lot of story to tell, and a timeline to devise. Obviously, I've written the story that follows the current one, but the current story isn't literally her FIRST story, and won't be the last.

Also, if and when the PRINT version of Landis comes out, although I am not sure if Owen wants his original art from the FIRST Landis story he drew to ever see the light of day, hehe (I love it personally...it shows his growth), I have expressed interest in having it ONLY printed in the collected version of LANDIS v.1 (book format). I like giving lots of goodies away, but it is a stand alone 22 page comic, and to have fans actually want to purchase a book based on an online strip they've aleady read, I want to give them something extra.

With the print version, Chris and I haven't set a date for it to be published, but I truly figure that with the numbers we're doing now, its totally in the cards for shortly after Chapter 4 completes.

Anyways, enough mindless chatter here...If you folks would like, start submitting questions you'd like to have answered as comments to the blog posts, OR in the Forum, and I'm hoping I can interview Owen as a nice little extra for here in the blog, as well as on the forum.

No comments: