I'm probably going to start this in opposite form. First, I want to apologize for the terrible spelling that you may see from me...the thing is, I'm actually a very good speller, a pretty fast typer, as well...the problem is, that we have a register keyboard at work, and the thing just isn't very responsive, so it actually misses alot of letters and such...some spaces, all sorts of stuff.
I want to thank everyone who's been voting. I enjoy it, and still encourage it, since I think it helps get more viewers here, so those participating, please continue if you would =). I'm going to try to come up with a link button so that anyone who has their own sites or comics can show their support by linking Landis.
Christy's (my wife) dad is in the hospital right now after surgery, so she's been kinda down for that, and I haven't had a chance to visit since he's been in. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see him tomorrow, unless she tells me she'd prefer me not to. I won't discloe info about it, and I hope you all will respect the privacy aspect of this. The surgery went as well as could be expected, so that's good.
On the comic front. As I was worried about, Landis will be going into a hiatus since no artist has been found...however, if all goes well, and right now, things are looking up for it, I would say that you will see a replacement comic entitled "The Ardy VanStarr Adventures" take its place. If all goes well with "negotiations," with Keenspot, you'll probably see it simulcast here on
www.elisalandis.com as well as on its own site. Chris Crosby and I are working out the details on this, and with about three months until the end of Landis (for now at least), it gives JK Radtke (the artist for the adventure) and myself plenty of time to really get into the new project.
I will say that I don't expect TOO much to be the same in terms of status quo from Landis to Ardy, as Ardy is a much larger character than the little PI work we've seen...and even though I wanted to PRINT the original Ardy Mini-story that brought Chris Crosby and Rob Potchak together, I've offered the City That Never Sleeps 10th Anniversary Director's Cut to be the first offering for Keenspot and Ardy's solo adventures. This story is NOT in the same style as either Landis or TAVA (The Ardy Vanstarr Adventures), as it is even more "realistic" in its art style. The art for this one is from Timothy Johnson, who I don't believe even works in comics anymore, but is still a great graphic artist.
In other news, now that I ran on about that for a half hour =), THIEF, my other comic property, with Eric Kent may very well also be brought to Keenspot, however, this project is much farther off from , since both Eric and I want the initial "mini-series" completed before we publish any of it, whether in print or online. Eric and I are trying to come up with the perfect ending that is wrought with guilt and pain, that would make it flow perfectly, as well as set the status quo for what I consider to very possibly be the LAST original idea in ALL of media...alright, that's a little far fetched, but there is nothing like THIEF out there from anyone right now. It's a very Vertigo style book while containing its roots in a darker, Alan Moore-esque superhero-y pull.
Anyway, I'll end this with if anyone knows a manga-styled artist that is looking to do a webcomic, I think I'm going to go to a more manga look for the next arc of Landis. If you know someone, please have them get in contact with me. the email address once again is rpotchak@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment