Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Post 214: The Ardy Vanstarr Adventures Update...

So I have completed what I would consider the "first issue" of the new Ardy series, though I haven't read through to see the "page count" it just felt like a good end.

JK has already shown me the first two pages (give or take, since one panel was missing off the second page). I really like the cartoony look we're going for, and since I have his blue-line art for the frist page saved, what I might do (especially for a collected edition, or for Keenspot Premium (a premium service offered with special DVD features and such, but it does have a monthly service fee)) is save the fils as I receive them and put together an "art in progress" section for the work, so that you can see as the art gets completed, and the different steps JK and I take to make the finished product. I may even give a sampling of it as we get a little bit farther into the pages and project.

I'm already thinking of finishing a story JK and I started a LONG time ago as the second story arc for ARDY...It's called SPRING BROKE, and involves a character called TORCH that was created a while back by JK. The idea behind the story, is that Spring Break gets stopped by a bad guy and his "Henchgeeks (c)" and its up to Ardy, Torch and a guy named Cheech to fix the problem.

Cheech may actually show up in this first story as a background character. The idea behind this is simple. If you have ever watched a Robert Rodriguez movie, you've seen Cheech Marin show up in every movie (minus El Mariachi) as a different character...esepcially funny when he WAS in Desperado, died and then showed up as the one-eyed guy in Once Upon a Time in Mexico. It'd sort of be JK and my way of adding an inside joke for everyone to enjoy. We both love the idea, and hopefully, those of you that have stuck it out this long with LANDIS will really enjoy the different story that we are preparing for her PI guy.

I sent the first blueline page to Chris to look at and take notice of the style change from Landis. I think as long as its a good comic, it won't matter with the style change, since most of the characters are going to be different anyway. Heck, I'll be honest when I say this story is going to feel different to anyone accustomed to Landis, but hopefully in a good way.

I've got the second Landis Arc planned out, and it's not a direct sequel to what you'v seen. In fact, I've got two different arcs planned out, and one takes place 6 months later, and one takes place way before. I also have a single issue of Janus Tagger written, which was originally going to be drawn by Ryan (Midnight Kiss) Stegman, but he bailed for a paying gig (love ya Ryan!)...which I don't blame.

I may post some script, or I may bribe an artist to draw the next one...who knows...

oh well, I'm going to get back to writing and working.

No comments: