Friday, January 20, 2006

Post 215: Hello...

Hey all. I didn't want to make everyone think I was gone and busy, because I have actually had a little more time to do some writing.

I wonder HOW any writer ever can work on multiple stories at the same time. I mean, obviously, writing is MUCH easier than the drawing aspect when it comes to comics, but when it comes to writing, I normally find myself in the right frame of mind for one specific story for a while and then want to work on something else...except when it comes to fun concepts and Ardy...he's everywhere.

JK and I are already discussing our second story arc, which is a little funny since he's a whole three or four pages into the story and we're already trying to come up with ideas "for the next one." The specific DOWNSIDE to this is that I haven't even come up with the full ending for where the first arc goes...I just know certain elements that I have to accomplish to be satisfied with the movement forward.

I will actually release some art for THE ARDY VANSTARR ADVENTURES in terms of character designs and such a little bit further into production, because this is something I TOTALLY want all the Landis readers to take in with open arms.

Believe me when I say the project is going to look nothing like anything else on the webcomic market, and that is due to the totally unique art style of JK Radtke. I want to express that in a good way, because this art is quirky and fun, and if you've enjoyed my story for LANDIS, you should totally enjoy a project involving the other character I have much love for in terms of my creator-owned property.

After I get deep into ARDY (already about 25 art pages into the scripting, and want to get about 50), I'll probably look for some work for hire in writing. Hopefully my resume with cohesiveness and other story elements should show decent enough to get some work at this point. I've noticed that most publishers end up writing books themselves because its cheaper and everyone wants to see their name in print.

I'm rambling now, but I did want to let everyone who reads COMIC BOOKS, that they HAVE to pick up Infinite Crisis. Its insanely good, and its written by hands down the best writer in comics, today...Geoff Johns. The art is top notch, as well, but the story and all the inclusions that need to be made to it...wow.

No comments: