Friday, June 16, 2006

Post 296: Civil War Update...

So Marvel's second issue of CIVIL WAR came out this week, and wow. Mark Millar is still doing the things that he's been known for a long time, and he's doing them amazingly.

In this issue, without trying to give too much away, One MAJOR character shows teh world his identity (it was spoiled by the NEW YORK POST), and Captain America is recruiting other costumed heroes that are against registration.

Steve McNiven's art is top notch, and just seems to look like an animated movie more than it looks like a comic book. Morry Hollowell is not only outdoing himself with the coloring on the book, but really gives it a gritty feel, that really gos perfectly with Mc's art.

I just love this story, and from the sounds of it, this will be the straw that breaks said character's life up, and hopefully it'll continue down this path of one huge thing per issue.

So far greatness. I just hope Millar dosn't finish it like he did with WANTED.

BUY THIS COMIC...this is probably the best comic story I've read in YEARS.

No comments: